Original topic:

Galaxy A51, problems with focusing using the default camera

(Topic created: 07-29-2020 09:16 AM)
userBNDVfVNoyB
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

The title says it all.

No problems with any other camera, they all work fine. 

Very rare times that the normal camera focuses.

When using the Pro mode, the camera doesn't even reac to the adjustments of the focus manually.

I notice lots of heat as well, but not to the point that it's concerning but think that also a good info to include.

All the software are up to date.

Tried restarting, cleaning the lens, resetting the camera settings. No result.

5 Replies
Solution
JohnLoose
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey there!

You might find these steps helpful:

Follow the below steps to resolve camera issue:-

1. Clear camera app data: Go to Settings > Apps > Camera > Select Storage > Clear Data and click OK.

2. Check device in safe mode :

1. Steps to enter into Safe Mode: Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears > hold power off icon.
  2. Exit safe Mode:- Restart device. Note:- If your device functions correctly in Safe Mode, it is most likely that the issue lies with a 3rd party application that can be uninstalled to resolve the problem.

If issue still persist, kindly send Samsung log file through error report section from Samsung Member within 15 minutes of issue occurrence, this will help them to assist you better. (Samsung member > Get help > Send feedback > Error report > Select the issue).

Here is some other help steps from Samsung you might find helpful.

---

Did this reply help? Let us know which step worked for you! Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution"  if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Pbrpyro
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have the same issue.
0 Likes
AHSATANz0mbie
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have the same issue. I even tried resetting the whole phone. Nothing worked. I filed a report but never heard anything back.
0 Likes
JimmyJimmy
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
The camera on my A51 is also terrible. it won't focus and all my pictures worse than pictures taken on a 5MP flip phone.
0 Likes
GiveDaNewUpdate
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
having the same issues here
0 Likes