Original topic:

Galaxy A51

(Topic created: 08-04-2021 06:44 AM)
DarkQueenB
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
My A51 hardly gets signal where we live but other people who have it love it and have signal up and down the mountain I live on and in town. I have to restart my phone for it to work once I get into the main part of town. I already have done the update on it too. I've had it since August last year and it was like this since the first day. Generally I like the Galaxy but not when I can't make calls or text without constantly restarting my phone. 
0 Likes
2 Replies
musepharaoh
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
If you live in an area where your carrier hasn't put up a tower yet or has an updated the towers with newer signal technology such as high-speed 4G or 5G then you're not going to receive very good signal unfortunately. If you have a phone such as a Galaxy S21 or a iPhone 12, you will get the best signals from them because they have more antennas but like I said, if the carrier hasn't put a tower there or the tower is weak it doesn't matter what phone you get oh, you will not receive a very good signal. It's similar for my granddad in Florida he has a Galaxy A10 which works fine when he comes up to visit us but since his place is surrounded by trees it makes it nearly impossible to place a phone call when we go down there we always have end up using the landline. If you're at home you can set up Wi-Fi calling so that your phone makes calls using your house Wi-Fi. This should greatly increase your call Quality and you shouldn't get dropped calls at home as long as your internet is decent.
0 Likes
DarkQueenB
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thank you I get signal at my house and on my street it's going into town when I lose signal and have to restart my phone. I have the same phone as my husband but he gets signal great and I don't so its weird how his works and mine doesn't. We bought them the same day and setup same time so idk why it's like this. I have straight talk and most everyone I know does too and get signal just fine so idk what it is. My friends phone actually changes time when he comes over. I plan on finding something better that won't drop calls or not send texts when we can afford it
0 Likes