Original topic:

Galaxy A52 5G - Nothing but Problems

(Topic created: 07-23-2022 05:24 AM)
Members_kUWUqQD
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Please tell me who I can contact about the following (besides random customer service agents):

The A52 has been, by FAR, the absolute worst phone I have ever owned in 20+ years.  I have owned  a$45 TCL phone that has performed much better than this $500 phone.  The problems with my phone are numerous but here’s a few of the most annoying: 

1. In the middle of the night, while in my pocket at work, it randomly calls people or trys to dial random numbers and/or trys to text gibberish to people…. My bosses, perspective employers, old people in nursing homes, people working under me, friends and businesses across the country… No one in my contacts is safe from being woken in the middle of the night for nothing, especially if I have actually contacted you recently.  (Yes, I have accidental touch protection on.)
  2.  While in my pocket (which is a must while at work), the phone opens bizarre windows and performs random actions . I listen to audiobooks while at work, usually suspense novels and mysteries.  In the last 10 days, it has returned 6 books while I am in the middle of near the end of them, forcing me to wait months to finish them (as there are waiting lists for the books I reserve through my library's app).   It opens other apps while trying to listen to my books such as voice mail; facebook (which I never go on); Pandora; Google; Tik Tok, misc videos, etc, etc, etc.   Last night, for no reason, while in my pocket, the phone took approx. 50 pictures of the screen showing the cover of an audiobook I was listening to.  On bad nights, all this activity heats up my phone and causes the battery to die much faster than it should.  I constantly have to check how many windows are open.  (Again, I have accidental touch protection on.) 
  3. It changes my settings… Bluetooth or the internet or airplane mode goes on or off.  Sometimes it darkens my display so much that I worry that I won’t be able to see enough to navigate to the setting that turns up the brightness.  
  4. It does not let me arrange apps or move them on my screens.   If I download an app, it may put it on a new page, causing me to scroll through unnecessary pages to find what I need.  I can increase the touch sensitivity to try to move the apps but it is still difficult and of course, I must change the setting back immediately or the other problems above will be worse.

I am sure this phone is defective but after endless hours on calls to Samsung's customer service (and initially T-mobile), I have given up on both of them.  (I have also spent many hours resetting the phone to factory settings and then reinstalling everything to no avail.)  The last Service Rep said I can send the phone in and do without it for 2 weeks while they look at it. I must use work apps and GPS on a nightly basis, so it is impossible unless I purchase a substitute phone which I Should Not Have To Do!   More importantly, the phone is totally unpredictable.  It only acts up about 60-70% of the time, always while in my pocket, (except for problem 4 above).   On a Samsung employee’s desk it will behave normally so why bother going through all the expense and inconvenience of sending it in for repair?  I have been so frustrated and disappointed with this phone that I will NEVER buy another Samsung product and will discourage others from doing so whenever possible.  On the slim chance that anyone knows either  who I can contact in this company that has more authority than Samsung's customer service reps or at least where I can leave a review on the Samsung website that will be noticed, please help!

3 Replies
Yamialex224
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices
The A line is fhe budget phones so probably you have no choice but an upgrade
0 Likes
Grendeth9495
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
This all sounds like a messed up digitizer(the layer on your display that is responsible for the touch part of a touch screen).

This means it will randomly cause the screen to spassum and press random points of the screen, usually resulting in all the symptoms you've described above.
0 Likes
SamanthaSheehy
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You know what this sounds like?

The exact same issue that I have been having with the exact same phone.

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS!
0 Likes