JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy A52s 5G unlocks itself

(Topic created: 12-14-2021 09:51 AM)
AHL1951
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I bought a Samsung A52S-5G. I put a pattern unlock on the phone (the same as on 2 other Samsung phones that I have had). On 3 successive days the phone unlocked itself while in my pocket while I was out walking and used up vast amounts of data. On the first occasion it somehow got into YouTube and was playing videos. A day later I found it writing an email. On the 3rd occasion it went surfing the internet and used up about 250M of data. I could not get the screen to unlock when I tried pressing various buttons or touching the screen - but the pattern did unlock it as expected.

I took it back to the store where I bought it and they just updated the software, but I do not think that will sort out the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? And should I insist on a new phone?

Allen

7 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Have you checked the Settings for Google smart lock Screenshot_20211207-150444_Google Play services_2509_1638907484.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@AHL1951 You probably want to enable Settings -> Display -> Accidental touch protection

Some of the Smart Lock settings may also need changed. Check Settings -> Lock screen -> Smart Lock. The options there include:

• On-body detection
  • Trusted places
  • Trusted devices

Also check Settings -> Advanced features -> Motions and gestures. These items could be causing it:

• Lift to wake
  • Double tap to turn on screen 

userGVo4HA2CDb
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

On my A52s 5g, accidental touch protection is on, Smart lock is off, lift to wake is off

Only double tap to turn on screen is on. However, this should not cause the phone to bypass the screen lock. This is a bug in the recently released Samsung One UI 3.1 (build number RP1A200720.01.A52BXXU1AUK4), Android 11. Samsung kindly fix this issue.

This problem has started after I updated in the last week. I have my fingerprint lock on, pattern lock on, and it is getting unlocked by bypassing the fingerprint and pattern authentication, when I keep phone in my pocket and screen facing my leg and then walk for a few minutes. This is absolutely annoying.

0 Likes
userGVo4HA2CDb
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Yeah, this problem has started after I updated in the last week. I have my fingerprint lock on, pattern lock on, and it is getting unlocked by bypassing the fingerprint and pattern authentication, when I keep phone in my pocket and screen facing my leg and then walk for a few minutes. This is absolutely annoying.

On my A52s 5g, accidental touch protection is on, Smart lock is off, lift to wake is off

Only double tap to turn on screen is on. However, this should not cause the phone to bypass the screen lock. This is a bug in the recently released Samsung One UI 3.1 (build number RP1A200720.01.A52BXXU1AUK4), Android 11. Samsung kindly fix this issue.

0 Likes
Members_1ijRVtG
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Posting takes me to the home page

0 Likes
Members_1ijRVtG
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Posting, hoping that will keep me informed if this years old problem is ever resolved

0 Likes
GoƟfraba
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
2023 and problem is still not fixed, either it unlocks on it's own or calls 911....getting rid of this phone asap
0 Likes