Original topic:

Galaxy A53 5G RCS feature not working for Default Samsung Messages app.

(Topic created: 08-01-2022 11:46 AM)
MitchB94
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I just bought my A53 5G a few days ago and I've never had an RCS issue until now. I've owned several Samsung devices and they've all worked with RCS. I just called Samsung yesterday and they told me to call my carrier. So I called Metro and they contacted their escalation team and found out that they do not restrict RCS and there's no way to enable/disable it on Android devices from the Samsung Messages app. I should not have to use Google Messages for my RCS to work. Because this feature is not working, my group messages are automatically converting to Mass Text it's so annoying.
0 Likes
6 Replies
tom2055
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Have you tried installing "Carrier services" (a Google app) and restarted your phone? This works for some people

Also, if you just switched and didn't turn off RCS on your old phone it can sometimes take a few days for RCS to activate on the new device. I made the mistake of not turning it off when I switched, however, it only took 1-2ish days to activate

If you turn it off and then switch and turn it on, I can confirm it does almost instantly activate. Hopefully Samsung/Google or whoever is in control can fix so that it's more seamless
0 Likes
MitchB94
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Carrier Services came pre-installed when I got the phone. There is no option to turn off RCS.
0 Likes
MitchB94
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Are you saying uninstall and reinstall Carrier Services?
0 Likes
tom2055
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices
If Carrier services came pre-installed, it's worth a shot to try. It wasn't pre-installed on my A52 so I wasn't sure if it came pre-installed the A53

As to turning off RCS if you go to Samsung messages > tap the 3 dots > tap settings > tap "chat settings" > and make sure "chat features is enabled. (Maybe try before uninstalling and reinstalling Carrier services?)
0 Likes
MitchB94
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Just reinstalled I'll wait a couple days and see what happens. I had this issue right after my A32 5G upgraded to Android 12 and it fixed itself after about a couple of weeks.
0 Likes
MitchB94
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Chat features isn't on my screen
0 Likes