JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy A53 does NOT have DUAL SIM Support

(Topic created: 10-17-2022 03:06 PM)
andrerst
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I've just purchased the Galaxy A53, from Samsung website, after being informed on their chat that the US unlocked version had Dual SIM support, and I would have no problems with it. Now I need my 2 SIMs working, and it doesn't have support!! The SIM tray shows SIM 1 and SIM 2, clearly marked. But it's a cheat. I've gone throughout 3 chats and have received a lot of apologies. I've been fooled, for sure. It's a cheat from Samsung. I've proposed they send me a new phone, even temporarily, once my SIM card is on my hand, and I need to manage my international calls and SMS. No answer, no chats anymore, no solution at all from their part. "Fell so much", and apologies only. 

For now, I keep changing SIM cards every hour... ridiculous.

Supporters says it's a matter of a release update. No one knows if and when it will be solved.

So, take care of what you need. Search the market, go out of Galaxy A53 if you need 2 SIM or you'll be fooled too.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks for reaching out. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

View solution in context

10 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Do you mean one physical SIM and an eSIM .. or two physical SIMs ?
andrerst
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Two physical SIM. However, I'd say that eSIM won't work also. I don't see anything on the menus that manages two 2 SIM Cards. I strongly believe the hardware is not prepared, since it has only one IMEI. My old phone is a Galaxy A5(2017), and it had 2 IMEIs (one for each slot), and alsoand the SIM management function. This one has only the tray for 2 SIMs, it's a marketing makeup only. The model evolution is, actually, a downgrade.

0 Likes
Kimsung
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey, same here i have  A53 U1 factory unlocked, sim tray has 2 slots but Phone only has 1 imei, Phone not reading second sim even if you put only one sim in sim tray  #2 🙅

andrerst
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

It's what I said: that is marketing only. No hardware prepared for dual SIM. This phone will never support Dual SIM. I hope potential buyers have the opportunity to read this post before purchasing, otherwise will have the same bad surprise. 

So far, no comments from Samsung, except apologies and vague words: "possibly after a software update...".

andrerst
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Note: Samsung released a new software version. There were no changes on the Dual SIM functionality, which keeps being marketed. This keeps out of this phone. Take care.

useruUDekE1Dza
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Likewise. The SM-A536U1/DS does NOT have dual sim capability, contrary to all the false advertising.

The Nov 1, 2022 update does not change anything with regard to this problem. Only 1 IMEI and no Sim card manager menu on this phone.

Very frustrating.

andrerst
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Frustrating. I really thought it was illegal for a brand to perform false publicity of it's features. I don't believe so.
Matz
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Same here! Is a shame
andrerst
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Sumsung released the second software update some weeks ago, and this issue has not been solved (and will not in the future). This has been an answer that they gave me just to close my case in that chat.