JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy A53 why is Samsung ignoring fixing the software

(Topic created: 01-15-2023 10:11 AM)
DLG916
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
 I read other customers' complaints and there's a common thread: Samsung made bad software for their A53, and Samsung doesn't seem to care!

Mine freezes and restarts in every activity on the phone. Unpredictable! Each time I login to Samsung Members the first it shows is to give permission to upload the phone log and report the freeze and restart to support. Which I do.

Still no 13 5.1 despite that the promise. No time frames for fixes, security updates, or even acknowledgement of our phones broken software!

My A53 is unlocked version SM-A536U1/DS
Baseband version A536U1UES4AVK5

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks for reaching out. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

View solution in context

12 Replies
WAM1a535g
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have the exact same unlocked model, as of yet I haven't had the freezing or restart issues you are reporting and am still on Android 12 and 4.1.
DLG916
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thanks for sharing 👍
0 Likes
SamB78
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I've had zero issues with my A53. It runs smooth all of the time and I get security updates monthly. Still haven't gotten One UI5 yet, but I'm not gonna get mad about it. It will come eventually.
DLG916
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I hear ya, though others have posted freezing issues. I'm hoping that not too many moons pass by before 13 comes along, it's my last hope. 👍
0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Android 13 completely ruined my s22 ultra, haven't been able to open any apps 80% of the time for almost 2 months now... be careful what you wish for.
0 Likes
DLG916
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
That's awful. I have S21 ultra with 13 and it works great after bug fixes. Also have One Plus 9 Pro with 13 and it's lighter and awesome. And a Pixel 6 Pro which is very good but lacks user features that Samsung and One Plus have.
0 Likes
CongersDub
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Ugh. I knew there had to be a chain, this phonenwas great until thenlast patch amd then then goblins got looses..... oh i almost threw it in the Hudson today!!
I'll put in a ticket now.
0 Likes
aldemarco
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
My A53 5g has functioned flawlessly since the day I got it. I have not received Android 13 yet either, however I am amused by the impatience often expressed here. Then, when Android 13 finally arrives, the same people will start complaining about how it's taking too long for 14 to arrive. Just so you know, Android 13 will not change your life.
0 Likes
DLG916
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Aldemarco, I don't fit into your categorization of personalities. I'm only anxious for the phone I paid for to perform as advertised. An update to 13 may resolve the issue if I waited. But, as per Samsung support's direction I have taken it to a repair service provider.
0 Likes