Original topic:

Galaxy A6 (2018) Blurry Camera

(Topic created: 09-10-2019 10:02 AM)
Joetogo90
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello,

I have a Galaxy A6 from Cricket Wireless. The rear camera is always blurry unless I'm taking a photo up close. I'm really baffled because reviews on this camera show it taking steady/clear photos even with it missing image stabilization. Does anyone know how to fix this or have you had the same issue? I've literally done everything I've read online, such as:

clearing cache

force stopping camera

start in safe mode

try a 3rd party camera app

tapping the camera/phone with the application open

factory reset phone

switch to and from beauty mode

cleaned the lens

After all these potential fixes, my camera won't take clear photos unless you are right up close, then it focuses on the close up object and blurs the background. The phone is currently on Android 9 and all apps are up to date.

Any suggestions? I've owned a Galaxy S8 and Note 9 and I know how Samsung camera settings work and I've messed with everything for this phone it seems.  The phone was just bought on ebay and the seller claims it was only used for 3 months.  I stood still and this is how it turns outI stood still and this is how it turns outAnother exampleAnother exampleMostly clear photo up close.  This is the only way to get a clear photoMostly clear photo up close. This is the only way to get a clear photo

Thanks

Joe

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks! I will follow up with you there!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

14 Replies
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello there, would you be able to provide your full model code for the device so that I can give you accurate troubleshooting steps? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Joetogo90
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Model: SM-A600AZ

<edit>

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

When you cleared the cache, did you clear the cache of the phone or the camera app? Will you please send a private message with the IMEI number? http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Joetogo90
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello,

I cleared the Cache on the camera app itself and I also got into the recovery menu and cleared the cache partition.  I will send you a pm now with my imei!

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks! I will follow up with you there!

userqTYBvLx8sn
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey how did you get this fixed

0 Likes
Joetogo90
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Unfortunately I did not.  I purchased the phone online and received it with a faulty camera.  They voided my warranty and said that it had water damage(which I did not cause at all).  I'm too poor to buy a new one and my credit isn't the greatest for carrier financing, so I'm stuck with this brick.  I hate the A6 honestly.  I've owned the S5, S6, S8 and Note 9 and they were all amazing!  This phone one the other hand is laggy, the rear camera doesn't work and it randomly disconnects me from my Wifi, like I'll wake up to no notifciations because my Wifi symbol has an exlamation point by it, so I have to turn it off and on again.

0 Likes
user2LldGOgsn0
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Same issue 

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • IMEI number