cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy A6 camera wont focus

My forward facing (non selfie) camera will not focus properly to save my life.

I am pretty proficient with technology and have tried all the suggestions I've read about. It's a huge disappointment considering I had to pay outright for this phone (about 250$) and have had it less than a year. I am happy with it overall but this is a significant bummer.

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy A6 camera wont focus

Can you please provide me with the troubleshooting steps you have tried as I don't want you to have to repeat them?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have restarted the phone, tried 3rd party apps, cleaned it off, tried switching thru thr different modes to see if it focused in any of them, searched the settings for a possible solution. The only clear pic i can get is something super up close. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would recommend clearing the cache for the camera app. You can do so by following these steps.

-Go to settings and scroll down to and select apps

-In apps scroll down and select the Camera app

-Click force stop

-Select storage and then select clear app cache

Let me know if this helped!

Highlighted
Constellation

It did not. This is what the pictures look like20200327_101557.jpg

Im about six feet away from my fridge,tapping the screen..it tries to focus but doesnt get any better than this.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Go into the camera app, click mode, select “Beauty Face”, then go back into Mode and hit “Auto”. This has been shown to fix a phone if it has been taking blurry or out of focus pictures. Also be sure you are pressing the screen on the object you are trying to focus on to lock onto that object.

Highlighted
Constellation

I am tapping the screen, yes. No luck. Im pretty proficient with computers and phones so im really at a loss. Thats why i turned here. I believe at this point, its likely defective. 250$ phone ive had less than a year. My sound is messed up too. Sounds like a blown speaker. I dont listen to music on it or anything loudly, so i dont know what caused that either.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Not sure if it will work just copied the first thing I saw on google hopefully it works for you!