Original topic:

Galaxy A70 Proximity Sensor Problem

(Topic created: 02-28-2020 02:50 AM)
Kursat
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Dear Samsung Team,

I bought a new Samsung Galaxy A70. It is a good phone but I have some problems with it. During calls the proximity sensor  turns off the display to prevent keypad presses, but after sometime the display turns on again and keypad is pressed which makes calls very uncomfortable. The proximity sensor sometimes does not turn off the display even. I tried lots of things with your  @samsungSupport team on the Twitter and unfotunately we were unable to solve the problem. They suggested me to share my problem here also. 

I am testing my proximity sensor with the code *#77692# and it works perfect. Thats why I think that the problem is not a hardware problem. The problem is probably related to a bug in the calling software.

One of my friends has also bought the same phone and he has faced the same problem. I recorded a video with my phone and his phone. During calling both phones display is not truning off, but during testing  mode they work perfect.

Probably we need and update to solve this problem. Otherwise this phone is a disaster, because you cannot use the phone for the basic function which is calling.

I hope you will solve our problems. If needed I can send the video which I recorded with the two brand new Galaxy A70's. The video clearly shows the problem during calls, and it cleraly shows the proximity sensor does its work during testing.

16 Replies
userlNopkgHek6
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you so much! I was about to throw this phone out the window. I have turned off the double tap to wake option as well as the lift to wake and so far so good. Fingers crossed it remains this way!

0 Likes
userjl9n1p6e4c
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

it seems to work - thank you!

Poorly designed option though... and once again shame on Samsung support.

0 Likes
userRffxkOFngM
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

They should've disabled the "Double tap to wake up" option every time there is an ongoing call then turn it back on after the call. @SamsungAdam 

0 Likes
Abster777
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

😁 you've totally solved the most annoying issue. I'm so happy. Now the screen is off when I'm on a call and comes back on when I move it away from my ear.  Thank you so much 👌

userVZu1HGO70P
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Brilliant , thank you very much , my phone gas been going on hold for couple of weeks now since I bought it,  its been driving me nuts ! All sorted now x

0 Likes
usergKxfyIMBZH
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I am also having the same issue. It's so frustrating 

0 Likes
userc4GzKWJOWM
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm having the same problem. Especially call on Snapchat when it's turns on it runs the loud speakers. So stupid. Please fix it. 

0 Likes