Original topic:

Galaxy A70 Proximity Sensor Problem

(Topic created: 06-03-2019 07:19 AM)
Kursat
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Dear Samsung Team,

I bought a new Samsung Galaxy A70. It is a good phone but I have some problems with it. During calls the proximity sensor  turns off the display to prevent keypad presses, but after sometime the display turns on again and keypad is pressed which makes calls very uncomfortable. The proximity sensor sometimes does not turn off the display even. I tried lots of things with your  @samsungSupport team on the Twitter and unfotunately we were unable to solve the problem. They suggested me to share my problem here also. 

I am testing my proximity sensor with the code *#77692# and it works perfect. Thats why I think that the problem is not a hardware problem. The problem is probably related to a bug in the calling software.

One of my friends has also bought the same phone and he has faced the same problem. I recorded a video with my phone and his phone. During calling both phones display is not truning off, but during testing  mode they work perfect.

Probably we need and update to solve this problem. Otherwise this phone is a disaster, because you cannot use the phone for the basic function which is calling.

I hope you will solve our problems. If needed I can send the video which I recorded with the two brand new Galaxy A70's. The video clearly shows the problem during calls, and it cleraly shows the proximity sensor does its work during testing.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userozwONSsbVu
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Finally I discovered the my error cause and solved my proximity sensor error

It is not related to sensor, it is option "Double tab to wake up" when I enable it my face touches the screen and wake the mobile off during calls

Once i turn this option off from motion and gestures inside advance settings

It solved the problem

Hope  this works with you too

View solution in context

16 Replies
userIyNc1Vusq9
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey, I have the same problem and its driving me nuts! It is also a new phone that was only released recently and it's impossible to find any info or help 😕 I have that problem for two weeks already, right from the start. I'm really disappointed and have no idea what to do! :< 

Kursat
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

We have tried all possible solutions with the SamsungSupport team. I thing that taking to the service will not also solve the problem. Because I know lots of people facing the problem and the others are possibly not aware of the problem. Only an update may solve this problem. But I am not sure if the Samsung developers are hearing us.

user4gYpImDand
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Same problem here. It's annoying. Accidental hangup, on hold, mutes, pressing numbers.

In the beginning of a call the phone does turn off the screen. But after a few minutes this bug apprears to shut down the proximity sensor. 

If they dont reply to these things or give us some conformation about the bug, i will return my phone and so will my 50+ employees. 

I need to make allot calls for my work. This bug make me look like an amature. Hangup on clients mid sentence, muting myself. We really like the phone, but this bug makes it terrible.

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks for reaching out. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Kursat
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello,

We cannot solve our problem with local support team.  I want to reach Samsung Developer Team and I am sure that they can easily solve the problem. Or please may you contact the relevant Support Team in order to help us? 

0 Likes
usercCHvjhkgTV
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Is there any cpu temp issue mine is around 50 to 60c while normal usage

0 Likes
userWYze0rnnGy
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

What a distasteful/excuse answer, get your show on the road Samsung it should be a simple answer.

0 Likes
userjl9n1p6e4c
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

oh come on. Typical Samsung excuse. Respect your customers - ALL OF THEM

Solution
userozwONSsbVu
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Finally I discovered the my error cause and solved my proximity sensor error

It is not related to sensor, it is option "Double tab to wake up" when I enable it my face touches the screen and wake the mobile off during calls

Once i turn this option off from motion and gestures inside advance settings

It solved the problem

Hope  this works with you too