Original topic:

Galaxy A71 5G SM-A716U T-Mobile phone battery issue since update 2 to 3 weeks ag

(Topic created: 12-01-2021 07:40 PM)
D-ray84
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Ever since I've done the update a few weeks ago my phone will not hold a charge. Before the update I can have 100% battery and it last me 3 days. Now when I unplug it at 100%. It will go from 100 to 90 and then instantly die within 5 minutes sometimes quicker. It's the software update I know for sure because there was no issues before the update like I said 3 days of battery life before the update. My phone's still under warranty can I please get help
2 Replies
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

sounds like your battery could be having issue holding the charge... not sure if the update caused it, could have.

Either way, visit an authorized repair center for a battery checkup. If it's not a hardware/battery issue, then reproduce the issue (plug in the phone before it dies, just need to show it's draining super fast) and maybe do a screen recording of the % drop if you are able to.

Then submit error report to Samsung Members > Get Help tab > Error Report.

0 Likes
D-ray84
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yeah I'm sure the security update a few weeks ago caused it because right before the update my battery could last being at %100 for almost 3 days and that's gaming a LOT and watching YouTube a lot also. It's still under warranty so I'm sending it in to Samsung once I receive the box and shipping label coming in that mail to me. I even tried factory hard reset in recovery mode and wiped cache more then once. Nothing helps. I'm pretty good with androids. I do major phone repairs for people and know a LOT about androids. Thanks for the help though. Will be sending it to Samsung in a couple days and was talking to a Samsung tech pro and explained everything to him which took a lil bit and theirs nothing they can do since you can't go backwards on major updates like that. He said they'll probably just issue me a new phone exact same kind. Man I hope noore update troubles in the future. I can't wait to get oneui 4 and Android 12. For my phone the a71 5g oneui 4 and Android 12 update comes out in April I can't wait
0 Likes