Original topic:

Galaxy A71 charging problem

(Topic created on: 1/22/21 11:06 PM)
SpaceCadett
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I purchased my A71 5G from AT&T about 3 weeks ago.  Up until a couple days ago it would charge perfectly with the provided super fast charger.  One day I tried charging it with the provided charger and it wouldn't charge at all.  I then tried my old S10 fast charger which worked, but only charged the phone at a slow rate.  I then tested the super fast charger on my old S10 and it worked perfectly.  The phone was never in contact with water and I made sure that no moisture got in the charging port.  This is super frustrating because my S10 could get water in the port and it would work just fine, and with this phone a slight bit of condensation (I'm assuming) kills the charging port?  I am very disappointed in Samsung.  Now I'm not 100% whether this is hardware or software related but I'm assuming a little bit of condensation entered the port and somehow caused it to not allow any type of fast charging.  Anyone else having this issue?

Edit:. Cleaned my port with a tooth brush and it fixed the issue.
2 Replies
userR8XDM4kytl
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey there, just responding to the charging issue on the A71. I have experienced a very similar charging issue, and after some observation and experimenting I believe I MAY have figured out what is happening. A bit of background, I work from home and will have my phone charging while Youtube plays in the background for a good chunk of the day. For the majority of that time my phone is propped up in the upright position with the charging cord attached. I never had an issue while charging in this manner. However when I brough the phone inside to charge, and lay it flat on the counter to charge as is most common, I would notice that either the phone would not even register that it was plugged in (no charging happening) or it would show that it was connected but shortly thereafter it would stop charging, and finally there were times it would stay connected to the charger but just VERY slowly charge (1% in half an hour kinda deal). Anyways, long story short, I discovered that while it was propped up, there was never an issue with charging which is very strange. Perhaps the battery got used to charging on its side and when it was laid down the connection was very weak which caused the charging issues? Not sure, BUT I know that this worked for me. Now whenever I charge it, I prop it up on its side and the problem disappears. Little annoying as when I forget, it just doesn't charge, but it's a simple fix for what could be a terrible issue. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
userHQZxVlNk6i
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have same issue from week ago.original charger is good but it doesn't charge my phone. I bought another fast charger , but still same problem.
0 Likes