cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sayagainOVER
Asteroid

Galaxy Buds too quiet

My galaxy buds sm-r170, <hidden serial number>  Have been underperforming.  At first I noticed one ear bud seemed silent.  and then they both lost considerable volume to the point where they are completely unusable.  Please explain the process to have this fault addressed.  Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
AcENiTeS
Asteroid

Have you tried to reset your buds. Using the reset button...

Have you tried to reset your buds. Using the reset button on the top of the buds. Remove the rubber piece that hooks in the ear. You'll see a reset button. You'll need something to push it like the back of an earring. If you have trouble locating it. It's on YouTube.

sayagainOVER
Asteroid

Re: Have you tried to reset your buds. Using the reset button...

No, this doesn't work.  My earbuds don't have a reset button, and the hard reset from the app doesn't correct the problem

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

sayagainOVER
Asteroid

I have tried enabling sync, and have also disabled dual audio, I have also reset them several times and attempted to increase the volume through the long touch on the right ear bud. I have tried all of the information that I have been able to find searching here.  I think my issue is harware related.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for that information. Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

sayagainOVER
Asteroid

To elaborate on why I think this is a hardware issue, even when I use the "find my earbuds" feature, the "beeping" isn't audible unless I'm within 6" of the earbuds.

Samsung_WVMkwSD
Astronaut

Has the issue with your earbuds been resolved. I was cons...

Has the issue with your earbuds been resolved. I was considering buying them instead of Bose, but now I'm waiting. How was the issue resolved?

sayagainOVER
Asteroid

Re: Has the issue with your earbuds been resolved. I was cons...

The issue has not been resolved yet.  I'm training for a 50k race and have been using my Bose headphones for the last couple of weeks because my galaxy buds are out of commission.  Good timing in my training life to lose a customer for life.  I will reply to you if Samsung does correct my problem.

Samsung_WVMkwSD
Astronaut

Thanks for the response and good luck on the race.

Thanks for the response and good luck on the race.