Original topic:

Galaxy Express 3....

(Topic created: 11-15-2022 11:40 AM)
swbear4656
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Need community help with an old device. It is the only way that I have access to the internet right now.

1. Have needed to unlock this Galaxy Express 3 from AT&t since 2018.

2. Have wanted to add to the internal storage of 8 gig since 2014 when I first got this phone from AT&t. The device is completely mine and AT&t is no longer providing cell service to the phone.

3. I read some tech specs online that suggested that the Express 3 is 4G compliant. Would really like a knowledgeable person to verify that.

4. I have a current need to upgrade Marshmallow to any more recent version of Android. Basically 7+ immediately.

There is no forum here exclusively to discuss supporting the Express 3.

Awaiting community comments.

I was running an app since July which recently got upgraded, but it only supports 7+. I am not scared of electronics and modding this device. I have 20 years of computer technical support, replacing motherboards, and extremely limited experience with a soldering iron.

Looking forward to any help that the community can give me on the four subtopics.

2 Replies
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@swbear4656 Some info:

1. You would need to contact AT&T to unlock it. 
  2. The device has a slot for an SD card. That is the only way to add more memory. 
  3. The Galaxy J1 aka Galaxy Express 3 is 4G capable. 
  4. Lollipop was the last version of Android for that device. 
CPA
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I purchased a galaxy 5 pro watch from Verizon specifically to monitor my blood pressure. Only to find out it does have that capacity, like all previous versions and other smart watches, like Walmart's. When are you going to fix this???
0 Likes