Galaxy J3 Emerge---autofocus not working on camera! Any suggestions on how to fix?

Astronaut

Re: Galaxy J3 Emerge camera will not take closeup photos for check deposits

... i mean this is really strange: the camera settings were obviously off normal standards - probably triggered by any installed app, app updates, a gone wrong os update or whatever - we really couldn't figure out.
these off standard settings even survived a factory reset... and along comes a random app that probably point one percent of android users have installed... and that gets the settings back to normal!?!
...thinking about that makes me consider this to be coincidential -  THIS IS SO ODD!!!

Astronaut

and this also makes me wonder which (internal/invisible) settings samsung allows to be altered by external apps - yes i understand they sometimes need to be able to do that... BUT in this case for example the camera app MUST be able to forcefully apply standard(/user)settings after you restart the cam app no matter what kinds of weird changes other apps have made!

SERIOUSLY GUYS!!!

Asteroid

Nope. no luck for me.  On closer inspection, it is ALL focus is messed up. I didn't compare to other phones camera output until today. We don't use this phone for photos obviously!

Samsung: you have a problem. Fix it.

Constellation

Re: Galaxy J3 Emerge

I've had this problem for years and this solution swipe to Pro solved it.  Though,  why is that not the standard?  I don't have any reason to use a camera in a mode that doesn't auto focus. 

Astronaut

Nothing helps!!!! I'd rather have an iphone at this point. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Samsung Moderator

@userb7FJX3ZIC8; Have you tried the troubleshooting provided in the thread?

1. Open camera

2. Swipe right to bring Menu (Auto, Pro, Panorama, etc.)

3. Click "Pro" and ISO should be on "Auto"

4. At the top, there are four options: Camera switch, Flash...

5. Click "Metering" next to Flash and be sure it reads, "Metering: Matrix"

Constellation

Re: Galaxy J3 Emerge---autofocus not working on camera! Any suggestions on how to fix?

@userxPVEqdzQur wrote:

Camera won't autofocus! Any suggestions on how to fix would be appreciated 😊

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy J3 Emerge

Try going into the Camra settings and change AUTO to MACRO