cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userknH6sybfqM
Asteroid

Galaxy J3 Question

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, all. First time on this forum. I have a new Galaxy J3 smartphone, with which I'm generally pleased. However, I tried recently to set up a digital wallet, but found I couldn't do so because the phone doesn't have NFC installed (near field communication). If I look up specs for my J3 it appears it should have this installed. What do you think the problem is? are there certain variants of this particular model that do have NFC? If not, why is NFC missing on my phone? Thanks in advance.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userknH6sybfqM
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy J3 Question

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, Leinz. I figured as much. I can probably live without NFC, but it would have been nice to set up a digital wallet.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'll be happy to look into this further. Will you please provide the full model code of the phone?

userknH6sybfqM
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The info I got off the phone is: SM-J337V. Hope thar helps, and thank you...Ed

userjJIo9xS9w8
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Btw I've had a j3 it's the worst model ever . Uou should get a note the battery last longer

userknH6sybfqM
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the suggestion, but my model J3 is too new for me to go out and purchase another model. BTW, battery life is acceptable for me.

@userjJIo9xS9w8 wrote:

Btw I've had a j3 it's the worst model ever . Uou should get a note the battery last longer

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for that information. Can I please have your IMEI in a private message so I can provide more accurate troubleshooting step: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Galaxy J3 V (J337VZKAVZW) lacks NFC. This feature is omitted from its official page, carrier's site, and manual. I also found an old comment from a representative: "Great question Pete. The Galaxy J3 V 3rd Gen does not have the NFC feature. This link includes more information about the device. Thank you for reaching out to us."

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
userknH6sybfqM
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, Leinz. I figured as much. I can probably live without NFC, but it would have been nice to set up a digital wallet.

View solution in original post