JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy J3 Screen Timeout after 30 seconds

(Topic created: 09-19-2017 10:58 PM)
user34tAA34aCn
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

No matter what I choose in Display Settings, my screen will timeout after 30 seconds UNLESS I have a video actively playing. If it's still loading, or paused for buffering, then the issue still occurs. I've tried restarting the phone, and turning it all the way off,removing then reinstalling the battery, and then turning it back on, but neither one made a difference. Oh and in the screen timeout options, it does show whatever amount of time I selected, but the option I choose doesn't seem to apparently doesn't matter to the phone lol? Please help. 

user34tAA34aCn
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Your solution resolves nothing, and you're also possibly an idiot. Thank you for nothing.

Regards, Nathan 😉

0 Likes
user6oZdlufBac
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

No need to be so rude Nathan, people are only trying to help you

0 Likes
userxTBs1EE841
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Are you serious to download a third-party app to fix my phone, I didn't like the phone from the first day I had it I took it back to Metro PCS and they refused to give me a refund because it wasn't in my contract, they said it was an upgrade but in reality its you downgrade, and I'm having other issues with phone as well like downloading everything to my SD card and it's still lags really bad.

I had an off brand Alcatel and I liked it better, this phone is my first Samsung and I hate it.

0 Likes
userjHTFSiJPT4
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have the way to fix it without an app. Go to lock and security, secure lock settings, then change the time in secure lock settings. It is in a different place than the normal time out settings and required my lock pattern to get into it.

0 Likes
userSby3fO7UYq
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@userjHTFSiJPT4wrote:

I have the way to fix it without an app. Go to lock and security, secure lock settings, then change the time in secure lock settings. It is in a different place than the normal time out settings and required my lock pattern to get into it.

Your advice helped me out with this 15 sec. timeout  despite display settings issue. It was incredibly frustrating and had me to the point where the thought of throwing my phone in the street and running it over would really make my day. 

I didn't see anyone respond to your fix on their results almost seems like the fix was overlooked, so if it has been, hopefully now it will be noticed and help out others. Thanks again. 

0 Likes
userZRP2e4crNQ
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

You are responsible for preventing me from losing my mind. Thank you so much Robot Happy

0 Likes
uservaVlw5lNyF
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

OMG, this actually worked for me. This is the 3rd new J3 Luna Pro phone i have purchased since April 22nd and it actually worked! I was beginning to feel that it was a big in this model if purchased after January 28 when I bought the same phone for my son and it worked perfectly fine. Thank you so much, i an very grateful i wrote down your advice and it actually worked. Thanks again. April 

0 Likes
ljrichter
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

April, which solution worked for you?

0 Likes
ljrichter
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

My issue appears to have been resolved by doing a cache cleanout. When I rebooted after the cleanout, the issue was still present, but then I changed the screen timeout to 5 minutes and all has been well since. Did another reboot and it's still working fine. So thankful this worked. Fingers crossed the issue doesn't pop up again. Thanks for all the advice on here. Hope everyone else can get to the bottom of their problem.

0 Likes
Bratcatsis
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Doesn't do anything.

0 Likes