JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy J3 Screen Timeout after 30 seconds

(Topic created: 09-29-2017 03:44 AM)
user34tAA34aCn
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

No matter what I choose in Display Settings, my screen will timeout after 30 seconds UNLESS I have a video actively playing. If it's still loading, or paused for buffering, then the issue still occurs. I've tried restarting the phone, and turning it all the way off,removing then reinstalling the battery, and then turning it back on, but neither one made a difference. Oh and in the screen timeout options, it does show whatever amount of time I selected, but the option I choose doesn't seem to apparently doesn't matter to the phone lol? Please help. 

56 Replies
userXMw6A8kcON
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I bought this phone yesterday and it times out in 15 seconds no matter what I set it on. Is this phone a lemon? Please tell me now so I can return it tomorrow. I have re-booted, everyting.

0 Likes
userZRP2e4crNQ
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

My Note 4 simply goes to "0" timeout within seconds of me setting it to any other option. I'm thinking of putting my hammer through it.

0 Likes
Saulo collier
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
timeout after 30 have videos
0 Likes
usericB4fsLUGd
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I am having the exact same issue ugh it's super annoying.  If I am playing a game or get interrupted or for whatever reason don't touch my screen it will shut down and most of the time I even have to put my pin in again.  I'm talking about 10 seconds of no screen touching and it shuts off the screen..it gets dimmer for just a second then off.  I too have the screen time out set to the max 10 minutes and it still does this!! I can't even show people pics from my gallery because by the time I hand the phone over it is already dark!!  By the way my phone did this from day 1 since the first time I used it so it has nothing to do with clearing caches or anything of that nature...Its unfortunate because other than that I really really love this phone but that issue is sooo ridiculously frustrating that I wouldn't recommend this phone to anyone

user5aK7uBST8y
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have the same issue. I have set my screen timeout to 5 minutes but it still shuts off after about 15 seconds. Besides the third party app, were you able to find a solution? 

0 Likes
user5aK7uBST8y
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have the same issue. I have set my screen timeout to 5 minutes but it still shuts off after about 15 seconds. Besides the third party app, were you able to find a solution? 

0 Likes
Charm27
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

About the j3  I have one presently and to access the time out when you select the one you want you have to say 💭 apply at the top :top_arrow: and it will be set .I do mine for 30 seconds and its ok 👌.

0 Likes