JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy J3 Screen Timeout after 30 seconds

(Topic created: 07-09-2017 11:44 PM)
user34tAA34aCn
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

No matter what I choose in Display Settings, my screen will timeout after 30 seconds UNLESS I have a video actively playing. If it's still loading, or paused for buffering, then the issue still occurs. I've tried restarting the phone, and turning it all the way off,removing then reinstalling the battery, and then turning it back on, but neither one made a difference. Oh and in the screen timeout options, it does show whatever amount of time I selected, but the option I choose doesn't seem to apparently doesn't matter to the phone lol? Please help. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
56 Replies
philb04
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Spoiler
Which J3 phone is this ?

Is this a J3 Prime , or Emerge, or J3 2016  or J3 what ?

I was today bout to buy  a J3 Prime thru MetroPcs.     I hope this is a bug and worked out.

Nobody asked what vers Android are problem phone running?   I believe J3 Prime comes with Nougat 7.0.   

Need more info....

0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Mine is the Boost Mobile Samsung J3 Emerge with Android 6.0.1

0 Likes
userOK8sfL72ch
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have a J7 and have the same problem

0 Likes
Loyd Koon
Nebula
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Here's a good solution. Turn off your battery saver app that's built in and then set your screen time off delay. It works Everytime.

0 Likes
user6UnTip4jc4
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I currently am using a Samsung j3 prime with a 7.0 nugget os from metro pcs and have had no issue with the screen timing out at 30 sec. Mine status on for 2 min. So either the bug had been fixed or out didn't apply to the j3 prime.

0 Likes
userqGYYRxmQMm
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I just got the J3 Prime from T-Mobile yesterday. My phone times out after 10 sec. Definitely taking it back today.

0 Likes
userPUnIZoXBJ6
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I've discovered the solution after returning one  Samsung J3 phone and getting ready to send back a second Samsung J3 and a Samsung J7 phone;While doing the "Factory Reset" ,I said to myself, "this can't be happening to three phones", so after doing a factory reset, guess what!,the 'timeout issue" went away on both phones! Someone should send this to Samsung so they can notify their clients !

0 Likes
user34tAA34aCn
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

It applies to my J3 Prime from Metro PCS which is also running 7.0 NOUGAT. So, no, it was fixed, and yes it applies to the same phone. Just because your phone is not having the same issue DOES NOT mean it was resolved for every other phone out there....

0 Likes
Bratcatsis
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Still not fixed

0 Likes
usersqapNzIbVi
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Im experiencing SAME issue with my brand new GalaxyS9. Please Samsung fix and update the software ASAP.

I love my phone and everything about it bit this issue is SUPER annoying and inconvenient. 

0 Likes