JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy J3 Screen Timeout after 30 seconds

(Topic created: 07-09-2017 11:44 PM)
user34tAA34aCn
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

No matter what I choose in Display Settings, my screen will timeout after 30 seconds UNLESS I have a video actively playing. If it's still loading, or paused for buffering, then the issue still occurs. I've tried restarting the phone, and turning it all the way off,removing then reinstalling the battery, and then turning it back on, but neither one made a difference. Oh and in the screen timeout options, it does show whatever amount of time I selected, but the option I choose doesn't seem to apparently doesn't matter to the phone lol? Please help. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Bratcatsis
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I just bought mine and this is driving me nuts!

0 Likes
userGgOxX9F0IQ
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm in California, how does Samsung get away with selling junk that consistantly doesn't work? I now own this piece of junk(6days and joyously counting, sigh), thanks to the T mobile contract, and I have gotten to make 2 phone calls, and watched endless calls missed because a cloud pops up and I'm not allowed to see the green and red buttons, before the screen goes black,  AGAIN. 

Samsung sells this junk without a users manual, so therefore that gives them the right to employee people to answer the phones that can't speak English(yeah I know it didn't make sense to me either).  By the way that is a LIE about random phone centers, in 3 days I had called Samsung 63 times, and all 63 times it went to the phillipines. I have spent entire days on hold with Samsung attempting to get this piece of junk to even function as a phone. I think when I'm finished with Samsung they will provide every user with a manual(at the time of sale), or the Department of Consumer Affairs will fine them out of business.  Thanking you in advance for your attention.

0 Likes
hjhood
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Astronaut- I have the same sudden timeout problem - only in my case it is immediate.  The moment I logon, the J3 LogsOff.  Plus the phone no longer provides toll quality voice.  There a few other problems all of which have developed in the J3 since the Android 7.1.1 was installed.

The J3 did have a number of issues to begin with but were resolved after numerous phone calls and finally replacing the SIM card with one that addressed AT&T instead of T-Mobile/Verizon.  Then after a several months with the new SIM card and old Android 6.0.1 and the reception problems corrected - the Android 7.1.1 was downloaded. 

Then these voice and timeout problems occured.  It has to be in the software - not the J3.  (But maybe both!)

0 Likes
hjhood
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Go to samsung.com and look for file: Samsung_Galaxy_J3_User_Guide.pdf
0 Likes
userHvvYQ2RpJv
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

My phone is a brand new j3 Luna pro. Stay alive did not work for my phone. It went dark after 10 seconds no matter what I did, so I searched for other softwares, found several and installed 3 or 4 activating them all. I have uninstalled one called Caffeine and another one, but still have three installed and active. Two of them are called Keep Screen On....one has a light bulb icon, the other a Sun smiley face. The third is just called Screen On. I wanted my phone to time out only when I tell it to, one of these three is working...not sure which, so I suggest you try one at a time. I was so frustrated by that time that I just downloaded them all and activated them all. It WAS A VERY ANNOYING problem to experience with a brand new phone!

Jeanne

0 Likes
user8CYHaqL24v
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Did not work for me

0 Likes
user3xH4sQZUNM
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

layar hitam

0 Likes
user5XXBKfZUHt
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

My phone doing same thing tried everything even safe mode setting set to 30 minutes. Did factory reset cleaned cache partition still times out in 5 seconds.

0 Likes
SamsungMel
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Oh wow, alright. In that case, go ahead and backup and reset the phone. Let me know if the time out still doesn't adjust properly. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user34tAA34aCn
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

So, nothing to add SamsungMel?

0 Likes