cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy J3 Voice Mail notifications missing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I installed YouMail and it seems to be the solution.  So far, anyway.  I was in the same boat as everyone else, except that I had Tracfone.  My phone thinks it belongs to Verizon, which I don't get at all. 

Whatever.  YouMail seems to be the answer.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Youmail says it DOES NOT work with/on prepaid phone companies.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Tracfone service on my new J7 Sky Pro does NOT have a voicemail indicator option. 

Calling Tracfone........they blame my model and Samsung.......this is WRONG from

my view because my last phone Galaxy Grande Prime had a working voicemail

indicator until about 6 months ago.

SOMETHING changed between Verizon and Tracfone I believe!  Others have mentioned this

as well. 

It is ridiculous to not have voicemail notification ability.

Most voicemail applications say they WILL NOT WORK with the PRE-PAID phone systems. ugh.

If anyone has had luck with a voicemail app working with tracfone/samsung.....please advise.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ive tried everything too! I have a SOLUTION FOR EVERYONE NOW!  I have a new Samsung Galaxy J3 Sky on Straight Talk connected to Verizon CDMA. BTW all my previous Smart Phones were thru same straight talk and Verizon and I always had a notification if I got a voice msg. but NONE since setting this phone up this past week. And Yes I have talked with Reps from each of the 3 companys and the best I get is go to Google Play Store and search for VISUAL VOICEMAIL APP/ Did that Tried them ALL and only ONE Works. It should be near the top of the list its called PHONE FUSION  aka PF VOICEMAIL the Icon is a GREEN SQUARE with a bunch of Black and Clear Dots. It Works but you must have CALL FORWARDING which comes automatically with Straight Talk. What this service does, if you get a call but dont answer it, the call automatically Call Forwards to another phone number(of theirs) and qucikly a ladys voice says Youve reached voicemail but the person is unavailable please leave your message at the tone....BEEP.  Once they do the App opens on your phone shows the NAME ! and number of the missed call that left a VMsg you hold your finger on the persons icon in fron of their name and shortly the voicemsg starts. You can replay it and save it or delete it etc. You can also go into properties of PF Fusion and record your own greeting. 

Its not the best fix but the only one I found that works for now. I do know of the people that make this service and they helped me several years ago find out who an unidentified caller was but that cost money, not much and it worked.   Hope this helps Pass my name Marcus to them if you use it.

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have voicemail app on sprint with voice playback.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That one did not work either. My Tracfone is not compatible.. I have a j3 sky..

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I used YouMail (until someone who was trying identity theft on me hacked it so they could get calls about the loans they were applying for in my name. My phone is pay as you go and I had no trouble with YouMail when I was using it.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are right. I tried the Youmail app & it will not work with my Tracfone..so not sure if any of them will work..Going crazy in Florida...

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found out on my new Galaxy sky j3 there is no vm notification app in phone. I just bought it in April, brand new phone from Tracfone. I have talked to Samsung & Tracfone who did nothing.I tried to find a compatible app in playstore that is compatible for Tracfone but none work.  I had a icon to notify me but now nothing. Please help me. I am ready to trash it & go to another service. I have used Samsung's. For years but may have to change my mind & product....disgusted in Florida..

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried using YouMail. Could not get it set up.  Support said I had to call Tracfone and get them to set up conditional call forwarding.  Tracfone said they don't do call forwarding at all.  YouMail insisted they work with Tracfone and they do set it up for them.  YouMail would not call them unless I bought their monthly paid plan. Did you do that? Could you please share how you set it up? I have worked on this for over 2 weeks. Every time I call my voicemail, it connects to someone's home phone. YouMail had no explanation.  They would not call my voicemail until I purchased their monthly paid plan.