cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
16elements
Asteroid

Galaxy J3 Voice Mail notifications missing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Cannot get any voice mail notifications.  Worked fine until a week ago.  How can I fix it?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Galaxy J3 Voice Mail notifications missing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So the voicemail application would be something then that is defaulted in the system. It should be something you can see in your Application Manager I believe if you select to show System Apps. If not, you may want to contact StraightTalk, let them know what's going on, as Voicemail is normally directly connected with the carrier themselves.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

55 REPLIES 55
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you gone to your Settings menu and looked under the Notifications tab to see whether or not your Voicemail notification had been toggled off for some reason?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

16elements
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes.  I went thru all the settings and still can't get a notification.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is it just the notifications for your Voicemail you're not receiving? So if you called the voicemail number, you can still check them normally and they're recorded, right?

16elements
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, just the notification- everything else works. 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Who is your carrier by the way? This is also just normal voicemail, correct? We're not talking about Visual Voicemail here.

That being said, with voicemail itself, it's usually a third party that's handled directly through the carrier. I know most carriers have their own version of it, and should have the ability to reset your voicemail settings if you're not getting those notifications. Also if you have a lot of saved messages, maybe try cleaning those up, as there's only a certain amount of space for it, which may conflict with the notifications. All and all, find the voicemail app again, go to data/storage in the Settings menu, and clear the cache of it to see if that triggers it to recycle.

16elements
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
StraightTalk, no visual Voice mail.

I have tried everything and as far as I know this phone does not have a VM app so no cache settings to clear...

Samsung Sky (J3 )
userAGh5K91mLP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SAME HERE! No voicemail app. AT&T

userIPYBmvQUEI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

11/7/18  I have the same issue. Virgin is my carrier. I've tried everything and I get NO voicemail notifications. The phone comes preloaded with a "Voicemail to text" app - which I do NOT want, but you cannot delete it. And between that and the blasted Bixby Home the phone is a PITA.  I turn them off daily.  But why should a customer have to do this. And yes I now manually check my voicemail daily - but that is not good either as I am an old person and need to properly receive messages.  My J3 was also among the phones that has a 'screen goes dark' problem and so had a real hassle even setting up the phone until I installed an app called "Stay Alive" just to keep the screen alive to work!!!!! Bad bad Samsung experiences and even though you are pointing to this being the Carriers issue - I also think you have to do something about these problems.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So the voicemail application would be something then that is defaulted in the system. It should be something you can see in your Application Manager I believe if you select to show System Apps. If not, you may want to contact StraightTalk, let them know what's going on, as Voicemail is normally directly connected with the carrier themselves.