cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy J3 Voice Mail notifications missing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The less expensive carriers don’t want to do the software upgrades so we’re stuck. Sucks. I had StraightTalk- loved everything but that 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been having the same problem for months--no notifications, missed voicemails, have to call voicemail to see if I have a message--but I never got the text notifications. How do I enable that? At least then I'd know I have a voicemail message, right?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Omg.... I'm not alone.... or crazy! I've been trying forever to figure this out! I too was getting these really weird texts that I thought were spam... then I  realized they corosponded to vm I didn't know I had. Can't get a vm notification to save my life.... and a month or 2 ago the weird texts stopped...  No one has an answer.... I'm so annoyed...

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the exact same problem with my Galaxy J3 Straight talk phone. When I first got it, there was a little symbol in the upper left corner, indicating a voicemail. That stopped showing up and I began getting a strange text, numerals only, starting with a 9. I finally realized when one of these appeared, it meant I had a voice mail, okay, now I know. Then even these stopped appearing. Like you, the only way to know is to periodically just check my voice mail. Today I found I had 6 new ones in the last week. There is no voice mail app in notifications, so I can't turn it on. WTH is with these phones or provider?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had the same exact problem as all of you that I have read on here voicemail worked got the notification then it stopped I have to keep calling my voicemail to see if I have any messages it's crazy all of it!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Community! Anyone else seeing this problem? Anyone have a workaround? Let us know!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found a solution. After being pissed about not being able to fix this, I downloaded YouMail from the google play store and now I get notifications. It takes a second to set up but worth it to actually know I have a voicemail. Has more customization options than the regular voicemail anyways.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you so much!! This solved the notification issue for me and you're right--it's better than the default voicemail app. I'm beyond disgusted that Samsung STILL hasn't offered a patch to fix the problem. :-(
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Your welcome Smiley Happy.  Glad I could help.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello. SSDD. I'm going to try the You mail app. Thanks