cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy J3 Voice Mail notifications missing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was regularly getting voicemail notifications on my Galaxy J3 until a few months ago but now the native voicemail app tells me I have no new voicemails when I actually do.  I can't figure out how to fix this in the settings because I did not do anything to change them.  I tried but clear data did nothing and the button for clear cache is greyed out so I can't try that at all. This happened suddenly and it's a significant problem.  I have missed important voicemail messages as a result of this.  Help!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happened to me...it's so frustrating. I tried all the fixes suggested, and finally gave up. Someone (I can't remember who or where) suggested downloading the YouMail app, so now I do get notified of voicemails from that app (plus it gives you voice to text recognition so you can read the first part of the voicemail within the app, which is a nice perk). I don't know whether Samsung or my carrier--which is Straight Talk--is responsible for the no voicemail notification; it seems like they keep blaming each other. Either way, I'm beyond disgusted that this issue hasn't been formally addressed. My suggestion to you is to download YouMail.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
youmail? is it in the galaxy app store or google play store?
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you can't find "Voice Mail" in the System Settings/Notifications screen, try tapping "Advanced" on that screen, then scroll down and look for it. (For some reason, it doesn't appear on the main apps list in "Notifications", but DOES in "Advanced". I guess because it's a SYSTEM app, not a user one?) From there, you should be able to see if notifications are enabled, and change them if not.

Alternatively, go to "Settings"/"Applications", find "Voice Mail", tap on it, then scroll down to "App settings"/"Notifications" (this works for any app, btw).

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this worked...thank you, I thought I was losing my mind!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What worked, I have been on the phone for hours, factory reset, voicemail reset, nothing is working. There is no voicemail app and ST told me to call samsung...UUUUGGH

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hey folks, be sure to try this suggestion:

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey folks, be sure to try this suggestion:

If you can't find "Voice Mail" in the System Settings/Notifications screen, try tapping "Advanced" on that screen, then scroll down and look for it. (For some reason, it doesn't appear on the main apps list in "Notifications", but DOES in "Advanced". I guess because it's a SYSTEM app, not a user one?) From there, you should be able to see if notifications are enabled, and change them if not.

Alternatively, go to "Settings"/"Applications", find "Voice Mail", tap on it, then scroll down to "App settings"/"Notifications" (this works for any app, btw).

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Hey folks, be sure to try this suggestion:

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried that. The only thing I found in that area similar to voicemail was voice recorder. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Hey folks, be sure to try this suggestion:

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Reena, none of the fixes worked for me either (I also have a Galaxy Sky through StraightTalk). Someone said to try going to the Google Play store and downloading YouMail (a free app). I now get voicemail notifications through that app and--bonus!--it gives you a speech-to-text snippet of the message AND it identifies potential spam calls and gives you the option to report and block them. Hope this helps!

Cheri

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,
Is your Samsung Galaxy J3 with Straight Talk service? The only thing I find when I go to the area you suggest is 
Voice Recorder. I have had my phone for almost three years and I love it but no voicemail notification. Why would 
they take that from a cellphone? I don't get it.  I went exactly where you said to go and nothing about voicemail 
anywhere in settings. 

Any other ideas? 

My Samsung Galaxy 3 is actually called a Samsung Galaxy Sky because it is through Straight Talk.  
If I would have known there wasn't any voicemail notifications allowed on my phone, I probably wouldn't have
bought it. 

Thanks.
Reena

CONSTELLATION