cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Galaxy J3 Voice Mail notifications missing

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The exact same thing is happening to me, and I have a galaxy J7 and I'm with Boost. It began happening immediately after a software update. Someone did tell me that my vvm is not connected to network and needs to do so, but no idea how...and they were too busy to bother telling me.
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Spoke with Straight Talk C/S today about notification for voice mail problem. They were able to change the settings on the Network side to standard basic voicemail. It was set to visual voicemail. My Samsung sky 3 S320vl did not come loaded with software for visual voicemail. He tested my vm and I now get notifications. Yeah!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im so glad i saw this. Im in the same exact situation..same phone and using straight talk as well. You're right, it is unacceptable. We pay every month and we bought the samsung phones, something as simple as a vmail notification should be no problem. Ive always loved samsung and havent had any major complaints until now. Im a super busy single mom of 3 and by the time i noticed i wasnt getting notifications, i had 17 voicemails. 2 of which were interviewers calling me about jobs. Made me sick to my stomach. So now im paranoid. Voicemail seems to be the one feature with hardly any settings at all. But everything else has multiple advanced settings. No one should have this problem but unless samsung fixes it, im going to have to break up with them. And cant afford to get another phone. Smh

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for posting this. I thought I was an idiot and that I was already equivalent to a grandparent trying to figure out a smart phone. Lol. Some things just need to stay simple or be an option...hell, at least communicate and let the phone owner know about the change. I'm so busy that by the time I noticed I wasn't getting notifications, I had 17 voicemails and had no idea. 2 of them were about job interviews. Needless to say, I was extremely upset and am now paranoid that i will miss another important one. Especially because i dont have great reception at home and a lot of times i will just get voicemails without my phone even ringing. I hope there is a fix...i still have to scroll down lol but wanted to comment here first real quick.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same phone and I am having the exact same issue!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Galaxy J3 Voice Mail notifications missing

JUMP TO SOLUTION
xihoj
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Straight Talk will not admit they have a problem but a simple Internet search will show that EVERYONE WITH THIS PHONE ON THE VZ NETWORK HAD THE SAME PROBLEM!

I have PERSONALLY borrowed a neighbor's phone & spent OVER TEN HOURS on the phone with S-Ts tech-support monkeys, done everything including resetting to factory multiple times - NO JOY!

THIS IS NOT SAMSUNG'S FAULT - S-T PROVIDES THE ANDROID BUILD & they scrood the pooch in this case.

Call Samsung? "Call S-T."

Call VZW? "CALL S-T."

CALL S-T? SPEND HOURS CHASING YOUR GENITALS FOR NO GOOD REASON!

Aside: TODAY I CALLED S-T "SUPPORT" - somehow I'd accidentally changed from the Google KB to Samsung KB - lost voice input, etc...

"Would you please tell me how to change the KB back to Google?"

FIRST THING - "WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO RESET YOUR PHONE TO FACTORY DEFAULTS - PLEASE CALL BACK FROM A DIFFERENT PHONE & UNDERSTANDS YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE EVERYTHING - CONTACTS, PICTURES, MUSIC, ETC..."

ME: "I don't think that is necessary, I just need help navigating the menus to change my KB ..."

THEM: "The only way to fix this is to reset to factory defaults - please call back from a different number..."

So while I have you on the phone, is there any fix yet for the VM issue on the Galaxy Sky J3?

Apparently TEN FRIGGING HOURS WASN'T ENOUGH...

"MAAM, please just Google "straight talk Galaxy J3 voice mail" - you will see that THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH MY PHONE, IT'S A PROBLEM WITH YOUR SOFTWARE/OS BUILD! *EVERYONE* WITH THIS PHONE HAS THIS PROBLEM!

She claims they cannot access GOOGLE? SO DO IT ON YOUR D@MN PHONE!

NOPE.

"CALL BACK FROM A DIFFERENT PHONE/NUMBER SO WE CAN GO THROUGH TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS..."

I've spent TEN HOURS on a friend's phone, no joy. What will it take to convince you people that you messed up?

I have requested credit for $ spent toward purchase of a different phone - NO! - i'm about TO DROP S-T AS A RESULT!

My best part? While waiting for the callback I stopped at my vape-shop where a friend who is an Android get works. "Dude - can you help me change my KB back to Google?"

30 seconds later - problem solved, no "factory reset" required - but his next question was "have they come out with a patch for their VM Indicator problem yet?"

When I got S-Ts callback I asked for a supervisor. "Why did your rep insist I had to do a factory-reset on my phone when all I needed was a little help with menus?"

"Reset solves most problems..." - but this was a SIMPLE THING THAT A RESET WOULDN'T FIX - RESET WOULD DEFAULT TO Samsung KB & I'D STILL HAVE TO CHANGE TO Google - so can we PRETEND & go from there?"

No.

S-T SUPPORT is USELESS.

YOUR J3 VM INDICATOR WILL NEVER WORK.

THE "GIBBERISH" TEXT MESSAGES WE *USED* TO GET AT LEAST LET US KNOW WE HAD VM, S-Ts "solution" was to hide them from us rather than fix the issue.

SORRY - I WISH I HAD BETTER NEWS!

BUY A NEW PHONE OR ACCEPT IT.

PERSONALLY if I have to buy a new phone it WILL NOT BE FROM S-T!! WE

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same exact issue with my TracFone Galaxy Sky Model S-SM320VL.  Worked perfectly for the first year or so then all of a sudden, no VM notification icon, and when a call goes to VM, the phone doesn't tell you you've missed a call ... UGH!

I tried everything to get it back, every suggestion I could find online but no go. On the TF support forum many MANY folks were all of a sudden in my shoes as well. And the response in in every instance was a robot response for them to have a private conversation with the TracFone people. God forbid they should actually publish the solution so that people knew what to do without pulling their hair out.

I eventually gave in and called TracFone myself , naturally getting a severe headache and palpitations trying to communicate with someone who spoke English as maybe their 3rd or 4th language removed. After several hours she managed to figure out that she had to help me set up VVM, which I truly hated, so in order to get a VM I had to waste precious mobile data bytes but at that point I was grateful for anything. Well, that lasted for all of about a few weeks, when lo and behold they must have put through some kind of an update and everything was lost. All of the hours and aggravation and high blood pressure thrown out the window. I am a caregiver with no time to mess with this stuff my person needs me round-the-clock and I can't take these big chunks of time all the time nor can I waste hours trying to do a chat since my hands are constantly busy. I just finally gave up. On the original Galaxy Sky there are no voicemail settings at all. That makes it really hard but apparently not impossible. I'm going to go back on my own and try to either figure out where the visual voicemail is hiding since it doesn't show up in any normal tab anywhere so back to hunting on the system apps no luck so far.  Think I'm just going to try what you guys have all suggested with the you mail app.   anything is better than nothing especially when you're waiting for doctors calls and so forth. Wish me luck!