cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy J3 won't play music track properly

The song in question is "Axl vs. Zero" by OmegaManZX

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/258251

The song will play just fine on my computer, but when I copy the file to my phone, it won't play properly; only a distorted version of the precussion gets through. I thought it was a firmware issue, but I updated my phone, yet the issue persists. Here's footage showing the issue:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/trkxtw6d56xb8sg/Galaxy%20J3%20issue.MOV?dl=0

(Apologies about the low quality; I couldn't use my phone to record this, obviously.)

What's especially weird is that all of my other songs, including ones that use the same soundfont, play just fine; it's only that one music track that's messed up. Any idea what's wrong or how I can fix it?

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Galaxy J3 won't play music track properly

Try redownloading the song to your phone. Maybe something got damaged during the copy/paste from your PC.

That didn't work, either. In fact, I also tried playing the song directly from Newground's audio player on my phone's internet, and the result is the same.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Do other songs play correctly on your phone?

Yes. Every single song I've tried plays correctly except for that one. I even tried converting the song to other formats (e.g. wav), but it still won't work.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Does this happen when you plug in headphones?

Okay, it works when I plug in headphones, but I want to use the song as an alarm (something that can only really be done through the speakers). Does that mean the only way to fix this is to replace the speakers or get another phone?

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

If all other songs play fine, I don't think it's a problem with your speaker. Hmm... I forwarded your problem to the other Ambassadors.

It has been a few days. Any idea what's wrong? Is the issue reproducible on other Galaxy J3 models?