cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy J3V Fails to Maintain Data Connection

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have narrowed down seemingly unrelated events on my Samsung J3V (like the battery completely draining within a couple of hours but with no abnormal use reflected the battery app or not receiving text messages or notifications until I reboot the phone) to the phone completely dropping 4G communications.

1) When this occurs (at random), the battery will drain an an accelerated rate and completely drain within a few hours. Though there is no indication in the battery status; it will show normal usage.

2) The 4Glte symbol will completely disappear from the status bar.

3) Any app needing a connection to work will report a no connection issue as I have no mobile data connection.

4) Messages and notifications will not be received (though this condition is inconsistent).

5) It occurs regardless of location and/or signal strength.

6) WiFi will work as normal.

Rebooting the phone will “fix” the issue, until it occurs again. I have also found that toggling the airplane mode on and off also will “fix” this issue, until it occurs again.

The issue occurs at random. The phone may work perfectly for two or three days or for only two or three hours.

For some background, this started about three weeks ago. There had been no updates made to the phone and I am running the same apps that have been on the phone since I purchased it in Nov. of 2018, and they also had no updates when this started. I have cleared the cache, cleared the system cache partition, cleared the individual app caches. I have rebooted, removed the battery and then rebooted, checked all of the network settings, etc. I would classify myself as an advanced android user and long time Samsung phone user and I can not find any software / setting related issues with the phone. I have removed and reinserted the SIM card. The SIM card is new as the phone had a bad SIM card from the factory and the local Verizon shop had to replace it before the phone would work, right out of the box. Since this issue has started, the phone has upgraded from android 8.0 to 9.0. However, this did not fix the issue.

This situation has rendered the phone unreliable. Any thoughts or ideas on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy J3V Fails to Maintain Data Connection

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend a service repair. Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to clarify, have you tried resetting the network settings? Just a heads up, by resetting the network settings, it will remove all wi-fi and Bluetooth settings you currently have saved.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, that was among the first fixes I tried.  At first it seems to fix the issue, just as a reboot, but the problem returns a few hours or a couple of days later.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend a service repair. Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

View solution in original post