cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userLekOrpHWUR
Constellation

Re: Galaxy J7 - LED indicator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also when charging not any led (no red or green). Was it the worst choice to buy this Samsung J7 2017? These choices by Samsung return us to 1999 instead of 2017.

usertrsbw9Dt7D
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just purchased (2/23/2019) the latest Samsung J7 crown 8.0. No led indicator on it either. Annoying not to have it to see notifications at a glance... 

Usmctopwife8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wondering if the app with front And back blinking light would work with this phone. It says would show on screen. If I had known there was no led light would have spent a little more. 

There is also no fast charge on this phone. The J 7 Star is a pain. 

@userLekOrpHWUR wrote:

Also when charging not any led (no red or green). Was it the worst choice to buy this Samsung J7 2017? These choices by Samsung return us to 1999 instead of 2017.

@userLekOrpHWUR wrote:

brianguys
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

<post deleted>

brianguys
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
There is no LED indicator for the J7. They replaced it with a front camera light (flash) for video calling and picture taking.

There is a "pick-up" vibration reminder feature that will let you know when you have unread notifications.

To activate the vibrate feature, go to Settings > Advanced Features > Smart alert and set the toggle switch to "on".

Charging beep when connecting power is the only other option at this time. Go to Settings > Sounds and Vibrations and turn it on.
Joshua tree
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good job. I have been wondering that myself......

userWhsYYddfpg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to settings; click accessibility >  hearing > then turn on Flash Notification and that's it.  Your rear flash will blink whenever you receive a call or message. 

View solution in original post

userOUbcwioXV6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not a solution. The flash is on the back of the camera when the camera is facing you. There is an LED light on the J series. It's just not working. Per Samsung representative, they are "working on it".

supanyc63
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To get around this annoying flaw I downloaded LEDBlinker Pro from the Google Play Store. This app lets you set notification lights to appear at the bottom of your screen (or at a position of your choice) for texts, calls, etc. Saved my sanity when I first purchased my phone.

brianguys
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@supanyc63 wrote:

To get around this annoying flaw I downloaded LEDBlinker Pro from the Google Play Store. This app lets you set notification lights to appear at the bottom of your screen (or at a position of your choice) for texts, calls, etc. Saved my sanity when I first purchased my phone.

not a bad workaround.  Might try