recovery-mode
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy J7 Pro Touch Screen Does not Work After Update to Android 8.1.0 Oreo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userhMUuS6YA8d wrote:
Muchas gracias!!
Solucionado !!
Desde la Argentina un gran abrazo!!

¿Cómo lo hiciste? por favor comparta aquí, ayude a otros a resolver su problema con la pantalla táctil. 

userhvPTtdiOCs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userCYsYH6h7pq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Android 8.1.0 Oreo update had ruined my Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro (SM-J730F) phone's touch screen capabilities and I tried several firmwares updates using Odin and only one worked.

The AP I used was J730FXXU3ARI1. I downloaded the firmware from the following link:
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262904020780

The Odin I used was version 3.13.1.

The update took about 5 minutes, and the touch screen now works fine on Android 7.0.

usersJ1c2gG4y3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you chech your pda code

userrMpyd9c5AU
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This work perfectly well for all J7 Pro

https://youtu.be/tUeO8Rh9Rys

AFTER UPDATING J7 PRO TO 8.1 TOUCH STOP WORKING, THIS TUTORIAL WILL HELP U TAKE UR PHONE BACK TO 7.0. THE PROBLEM IS THAT SAMSUNG DIDNT MAKE 7.1 AND 8.0 AVAILABLE, THEY AUTOMATICALLY BUILD VERSION 8.1 FOR J7 SERIES. THIS VIDEO WORK PERFECTLY WELL FOR J730F, I AM WORKING TIRELESSLY TO SEE IF I CAN
Highlighted
userwjhEATwggF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Finally I figured out my solution. Downgrade from Oreo to Nougat using Android Recovery (Power+Home+VolumeUP) and Apply update via sdcard ZIP file. DO NOT USE the tar.md5 file (for Odin use only).

Question is where to get the zip file. Well, I created mine by converting the original Firmware from SamMobile (country specific) by following the turorial in this link: (https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/guide-how-to- develop-modify-roms-t3616040)

It's a great tutorial. Thanks to XDA-developers!

userxv7ph5OLrX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

please whats the model of your phone, SM-j730-GM/DS?

userxv7ph5OLrX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

please can u share step by step on how u were able to do this.  thanks

recovery-mode
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userwjhEATwggF wrote:

Finally I figured out my solution. Downgrade from Oreo to Nougat using Android Recovery (Power+Home+VolumeUP) and Apply update via sdcard ZIP file. DO NOT USE the tar.md5 file (for Odin use only).

Question is where to get the zip file. Well, I created mine by converting the original Firmware from SamMobile (country specific) by following the turorial in this link: (https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/guide-how-to- develop-modify-roms-t3616040)

It's a great tutorial. Thanks to XDA-developers!

We are not expert or developers here.. If you really want to help, share the file and make a tutorial, everyone can do that just say "hi I know the solution, I have do that" but you can not do anything to help.. I have read the thread on xda-developers.. This topic is about J7 Pro SM-J730G.. if you want to help.. share the file for this model

userwjhEATwggF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry. Im no expert here either. I just followed several tutorials on how to enter into recovery/download mode; how to use Odin and TWRP recovery; how to decrypt/modify ROM. I can say, after a week or more of experimenting, Oreo 8 can not be downgraded to Nougat 7.0 using Odin. You have to decrypt/convert the stock Android 7.0 firmware into custom ROM in ZIP file for flashing through TWRP recovery. (Or you may try first the standard android recovery method if you dont want want to void your warranty.) I wish I could share you my custom ROM for SM-J730G J7Pro_J730GDXU1AQF6_ASSAYYED but it take so long to upload in my Google Drive. I only have to share this idea for now.