cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
recovery-mode
Cosmic Ray

Galaxy J7 Pro Touch Screen Does not Work After Update to Android 8.1.0 Oreo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got some comments on my Video https://youtu.be/coHKm4I8IAc about OTA Update Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro to Android 8.1.0 Oreo.  Toucscreen unresponsive and does not work after updated it to Oreo.  I hope Samsung Developers can fix this as soon as possible.  This case is not happened to all countries but it happened for some country.  I have update it too and working good. Thank you.

Just try to help you to backup your data, this video https://youtu.be/ZK_ZaVDZGSM will show you how to backup your data from unresponsive touch screen.

OTA Update for Galaxy J7 Pro SM-J730G and SM-J730GM are available right now. I just updated my J7 Pro SM-J730G to Android 8.1.0 Oreo. It also available for J7 Pro SM-J730GM. The update is about 947MB. Android 9 Pie Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro https://youtu.be/WdZ6JRPUa5I Rooting ANDROID 9
How to Recovery Data on Unresponsive Touch Screen Android Smart Phones. This Video will show you how to recovery your data from unresponsive touch screen android smart phones. I create this video after update my phone Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro to Android 8.1.0 Oreo, the touch screen does not ...
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy J7 Pro Touch Screen Does not Work After Update to Android 8.1.0 Oreo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello everyone,

Depending on your device and issue, some of these steps may not work.

It is possible, that some of the phones in this thread have a hardware issue with the screen versus a software issue with it not responding to touch.

Please be advised that flashing the ROM or rooting the device will void your warranty. 

Troubleshooting:

• Try charging your phone for an hour

• Try holding down the power button for 20 seconds

• Try booting into Safe Mode:
    1. Turn off the phone
    2. Press and hold the Power key past the screen with the device name.
    3. When 'SAMSUNG' appears on the screen, release the Power key.
    4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
    5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
    6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
    7. Release the Volume down key when you see 'Safe Mode'.
    • If the issue no longer exists, remove any 3rd party apps that could be causing the issue

• Try booting into Recovery Mode:
    1. Turn off the phone.
    2. Hold down the Power key to start the process
    3. Then press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power button for a couple of seconds.
    4. Release all keys whenever the Samsung Logo appears
    • You can use the volume keys to navigate this menu and Power button to select.
      • Try wiping the cache partition(Then boot the phone and if the issue persists, boot back into Recovery Mode and try the factory reset)
      • Try a factory reset [THIS WILL DELETE ALL DATA SAVED ON THE PHONE] 
        • You will need your Samsung and Google passwords after this

• Try using Smart Switch
    1. Download Smart Switch from here: Link for Mac and PC
    2. Install and open Smart Switch
    3. Connect your phone via a USB data transfer cable and turn it on
    4. Click on MORE at the top right of the program and select Emergency software recovery and initialization
    5. If the program detects a failed software update, it will show in the Emergency Software Recovery
      • Follow directions on popups to recover the device
    6. If it does not, select Device Initialization (You will need your model code and serial number)
      • Follow directions on popups to enter Odin Mode and reset the device [THIS WILL DELETE ALL DATA SAVED ON THE PHONE] 

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it will require service repairs.

64 REPLIES 64
userRKlbKGE9LP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My J7 pro is also insensitive after oreo update. Please help. I can not access my phone. I don't also want to lose my files.

Contacts are:

twitter.com/realonbebeto

linkedin.com/in/realonbebeto

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried restarting your device after the update?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

recovery-mode
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have ask them to restart the phone and also factory reset the phone, but that is not fix the problem.  I hope Samsung will fix it as soon as possible, there are many users wait for this.. they can not do anything and worry about their data.

userb935LLBuls
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine cannot be restarted since the screen wont work. Did hard reset, but to no avail. Samsung said they’re working on the bug on the update but I wasnt able to ask how long are they gonna make us wait. 

recovery-mode
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungDarius wrote:

Hi why you don't say something to us? let me know what samsung do right now, you know many people in the world waiting solution for J7 pro touch screen problem.  They can not do anything... passed a few days we did not hear anything about this problem..

useruSPBznxC76
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungDarius wrote:

Several times. I’ve also called the Samsung Customer Service and they suggested that I take it to one of the services centers so they can fix it, FOR A FEE, if the unit is out of warranty. Imagine that they are charging customers to fix something we were not even responsible for and for something they could not fix. How incompetent!

userez8MpuXSyg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. My mobile stopped working after updating latest version software. Why they give such updates if it doesn't support mobile. Please help for the same. if you know. 

userEHSYTXY2iU
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

the touch screen on my J7 Pro is not working/responding after i did the software update. how do I get it working again? tried restarting it but still the same

userdVjOwppByS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here.

J7 Pro with a replaced screen last year. Updated to 8.1.0. and the screen became unresponsive to touch.

Tried factory reset - still does not respond.

Is it possible to flash an android 7 version back onto the phone with odin? Or will this not work.

Hoping for a fix soon.