cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ginabfly
Cosmic Ray

Galaxy J7 Refine randomly stops sending/receiving texts

Ever since the update a few weeks ago, I will randomly stop receiving texts and don't realize it until a bunch come through at once, usually the next morning.  It happens mostly when I'm at home, but definitely not only then.  Other times it takes a long time for my texts to send, or it keeps failing.  Especially if I'm sending pictures or emojiis, but not only then.  I've heard that this is a common issue with the Refine since the update, has anyone else figured out how to fix this?  It's driving me crazy especially when I think it's working then realize the next day I missed a bunch of texts!  Or they just never come through.  PLEASE HELP.  (BTW I have Virgin Mobile and they haven't been able to solve the problem either.)

23 REPLIES 23
Samsung_sHizplt
Astronaut

I'm having the exact same issue. I can't call or receive...

I'm having the exact same issue. I can't call or receive calls. The few times I have gotten through, the calls are filled with static before the call drops on own.

Oliver-e
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy J7 Refine randomly stops sending/receiving texts

Hi!

Not a problem!, when it comes to issues after an update with the service (text/calls/etc.) there's nothing that a reset network settings can fix!.

If is possible, on your j7 refine, please go to settings > general management > reset  > reset network settings (no worries, no personal data will be affected at all). Once is done, please try to restart your device and make sure your service is programed (you can contact your service carrier to refresh your account if needed). After that your device's service features are supposed to be working back again Smiley Happy

Hope it works! ^^/ (i'll follow up with this case for more re-search)

ginabfly
Cosmic Ray

I did this (network reset) yesterday after chatting to Samsung Support on FB, since the problem comes and goes I'm not sure if it's worked or not yet.  I'll update once I know. 

I really really hope it worked, this has been an exhausting issue, especially not knowing it's happening until after the fact!

ginabfly
Cosmic Ray

It did not work.  I'm so fed up with Samsung right now, I cannot afford to buy a new phone just to get one that works.  They want to do a factory reset now and it might not even work.  No way to I want to re program my whole phone especially if it might not even fix the issue.

Seriously frustrated I could cry.  I'm so over this.

Oliver-e
Cosmic Ray

Sorry about this, remember that you still have plenty of options like swaping the SIM card or even refresh your service by calling your carrier service, the factory reset needs to be done as a last resource. If the problem keeps the same, i'll rather referring you to a ubif store so they can re-install the OS on your device, that should do the problem.

Again, i'll keep a follow up on this case so we can continue

ginabfly
Cosmic Ray

Thank you, it was just suggested to try a new SIM card, I didn't realize that was an option.  Can you just swap it out or does something need to be done before you can swap it?  I'm not familiar. 

Oliver-e
Cosmic Ray

That's correct, to swap your SIM card, you can visit one of the local stores of your service provider, they'll swap it for you and get your phone number moved to the new card, or you can get the card and call your carrier so they can do it on their system as well.

ginabfly
Cosmic Ray

Virgin Mobile is sending me a new SIM card, so just waiting on that to arrive now.

ginabfly
Cosmic Ray

New SIM card is in since yesterday afternoon, and this morning I'm having trouble sending texts.  And I have full bars.