cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Galaxy J7 SD card issues

I've had a SD card in my cell for several years to hold pics and game apps so my internal storage isn't "bogged down ".  I can still access my pics and share them via email, text & Bluetooth but my apps moved to the internal storage and I can't move them back to it or any new pics. I keep getting a message saying "not enough storage " even though I have 14.1 GB available. I don't know how to fix this and my internal storage is overwhelmed. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Galaxy J7 SD card issues

There's no issue with corrupted files and I already have my pics and docs backed up. The main issue is I can't transfer anymore pics or any of my apps to the SD card and the J7 doesn't have much internal storage. I'm having issues with getting updates and running some apps due to too much on my internal storage.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Galaxy J7 SD card issues

My SD card has plenty of room for the apps I want to transfer to it. I already had them on the SD card. For some reason, they tend to transfer back to my internal storage when they update or I restart my phone. This wasn't a problem until they transferred to my internal storage and then wouldn't transfer back to the SD card. At the same time all new pics or downloads won't transfer either. I've removed the card, tried it in my PC and had no issues transferring pics to and from it. I put it back in the phone and, though the phone recognizes it, I can share pics and docs already on it w/o issue and, under settings >storage, it shows the SD card and that it has 14.1 GB of storage available, my PC gave me the same 14.1 GB available storage msg when I checked it out via the PC. Is there a way to just delete the pics and docs already on the SD card/ backed up on PC and reformat it again so it might accept the new pics/docs and I can move my game apps back to it? FYI; this all seems to have become an issue after I got my new s10e and used the Smart Switch to transfer my data from the J7 to the s10e. The pics/docs and any apps that were stored on the SD card didn't transfer. I tried transferring the SD card from the J7 to the s10e but it didn't work due to format differences. I ended up transferring the pics/docs from the J7 to the s10e via Bluetooth. I didn't want to transfer the apps since I still use the J7 for some things, including the game apps, so as not to clogg up my new phone. All I want is to find a way to move the apps back to the SD card and be able to store any new pics/docs I receive so I don't bog down the phone's internal storage, which is currently under 1 GB... I hope I'm being clear. I'm not as tech savvy as most. This-is-me, I appreciate your assistance.