JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy J7 Sky Pro-missing voicemail notifications

(Topic created: 08-03-2018 11:45 AM)
userdAJHdTQbK6
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I purchased this Walmart FamilyMobile phone two weeks ago and have not been able to get voicemail notifications! My voicemail messages are saved but I don't get any notifications. No beep, no sounds, no icons, no nothing!!! I have to remember to randomly check voicemail throughout the day, which is not good at all! Customer service has tried unsuccessfully to fix the problem. They have had me reset the phone, which deletes everything on the phone. But that hasn't helped either. There is no "phone" or "voicemail" app under Notifications or Apps to check.

I would appreciate anyone sharing a solution to this problem. 

101 Replies
SamsungJace
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello, lets try clearing the cache and data for these particular functions;

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Device Maintenance>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Phone (All 3)>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Voicemail>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Notificationsl>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Reset the device. Please let me know if this works for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userIaMwyQVOLW
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

No voicemail app or notification 

0 Likes
userpfhSZAIcEI
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

SOLVED!

Ok, I have solved this!

First all you have to do is turn Mobile Data on and then the voicemail icon will work when a new call comes in.  If you're like me and don't want Mobile Data turned on all the time, do the following:

If you go into Apps (lower right on home screen) and find the "Voice Mail" app .  This is for setting up Visual Voice Mail, which uses Data and Mobile Data must be turned on for its proper use.  Don't set it up! (unless you want to of course).  All you have to do is drag that app out onto one of your home screens, doesn't matter which screen it is on, it just needs to be on a screen somewhere instead of just in the App screen.

You will now get the voicemail icon even if mobile data is turned off.  The Icon comes on with new calls.  Selecting the Icon will just inform you that Visual Voice Mail isn't set up, but you don't care.  you got the icon that a message came in and you can check it through the conventional methods!

0 Likes
userJctSCM0GVR
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Yeah, just noticed this yesterday with the Samsung Sky. As I rarely get calls on my cell, that i had a bunch of voicemails that were 4 or 5 months old and never got notification. Luckily they were only marketing calls. 

another problem is twice this year when trying to accessing my VM, it wouldn't accept my password and locked me out after several tries. Had to call customer service and have them reset it. I don't know if this has to do with Tracfone service or the phone itself.  Rep didn't give me any explanation other than it was my fault that I entered the wrong password even though I didn't.

0 Likes
userV4hCkzugDe
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Go to T-Mobile if they can't help you nobody can

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@userSuTpK62yVy The voicemail notification comes from the carrier's server. We would recommend speaking with your carrier directly.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usergKzDEWROMd
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I keep seeing responses saying call the carrier.....  NUMEROUS carriers have been mentioned in the 10 pages of posts that have gone on for at least 8 months from what I see. 

My father has the Galaxy J7. I have seen at least 3 similar model numbers which means numerous models, numerous csrriers but only 1 manufacturer..... Samsung.

I have tried all the troubleshooting steps listed on the 10 pages of this thread. NOTHING WORKS.

Instead of pointing the finger at someone else Samsung... Why won't you fix the issue?

0 Likes
useruxfvD5qMh2
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I found a voicemail app in my umbrella Verizon apps.  I moved the voicemail icon to my home screen, and it actually seems to be notifying me when I have a voicemail!! Yea!  This is complete nonsense by Samsung that this is not working through their phones.  I had 18 missed WORK calls from the last month!!  Thanks Samsung, you embarrassed me and made me look like a total flake to my customers!

0 Likes
userpfhSZAIcEI
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

SOLVED

Ok, I have solved this!

First all you have to do is turn Mobile Data on and then the voicemail icon will work when a new call comes in. If you're like me and don't want Mobile Data turned on all the time, do the following:

If you go into Apps (lower right on home screen) and find the "Voice Mail" app . This is for setting up Visual Voice Mail, which uses Data and Mobile Data must be turned on for its proper use. Don't set it up! (unless you want to of course). All you have to do is drag that app out onto one of your home screens, doesn't matter which screen it is on, it just needs to be on a screen somewhere instead of just in the App screen.

You will now get the voicemail icon even if mobile data is turned off. The Icon comes on with new calls. Selecting the Icon will just inform you that Visual Voice Mail isn't set up, but you don't care. you got the icon that a message came in and you can check it through the conventional methods!

0 Likes
Samsung_VSFpXXZ
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I had that same phone last week I called the company I have it with and they told me they couldn't update it that they had to send me I had to send the phone back and it send me a new one it was having problems updating them

0 Likes