JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy J7 Sky Pro-missing voicemail notifications

(Topic created: 08-06-2018 06:34 AM)
userdAJHdTQbK6
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I purchased this Walmart FamilyMobile phone two weeks ago and have not been able to get voicemail notifications! My voicemail messages are saved but I don't get any notifications. No beep, no sounds, no icons, no nothing!!! I have to remember to randomly check voicemail throughout the day, which is not good at all! Customer service has tried unsuccessfully to fix the problem. They have had me reset the phone, which deletes everything on the phone. But that hasn't helped either. There is no "phone" or "voicemail" app under Notifications or Apps to check.

I would appreciate anyone sharing a solution to this problem. 

101 Replies
userPg2NJPLC7V
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Same problem on my phone (Galaxy Sky J3 with TracFone). I got the same results as everyone else, in that TracFone gave me the runaround and said to call Samsung. Samsung appears to be not owning up to the problem either. Can no one fix this?

I even tried youmail but that is basically a band-aid and not really a good fix. If you want more than 10 voicemail to text transactions per month, you have to pay for a subscription.

0 Likes
userPg2NJPLC7V
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I should add that when I first purchased this phone, the voicemail notifications worked. I would get a small envelope icon in the upper left of the screen and a beep (or whatever sound is default for VM notifications). Then sometime ago (do not know when), I stopped getting notifications. I suspect there was a system update that caused all this grief.

There is no voicemail app to set for notifications and I get none. Voicemail works other than that. Ican call it (*86) and get my messages but the notifications do not work.

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Okay, thank you for that. did you try the first two steps, then reset the device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userIaMwyQVOLW
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Yes, didn't help. Not doing that again. Lost everything I had on my phone.

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Just to clarify, did you do the restart after you completed the steps?

0 Likes
userIaMwyQVOLW
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Yes, except there is no voicemail or notification 

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I recommend getting in contact with your carrier regarding this issue.

0 Likes
userIaMwyQVOLW
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I already did, no help either. Very disappointed! 

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Do you receive voicemail notifications if you have the device in safe mode?

0 Likes
userIaMwyQVOLW
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I don't know what safe mode is.
0 Likes