cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usernoKqSnWE8A
Astronaut

Galaxy J7 Star issues after software update

After updating my phone to Security patch level: July 1, 2019 I've been having issues with bluetooth through my car. I connect through bluetooth to play music and after the update I have been experiencing songs just stop half way through and get stuck. The song will stop until I move onto the next song and display something like "not provided".

Extra info in case the questions come up:

-Other phones seem to work fine through my car

-I'm not on the phone while this happens and not getting any messages to trigger it either

-I haven't tested it on other device since I don't have other bluetooth devices

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Galaxy J7 Star issues after software update

@usernoKqSnWE8A wrote:

After updating my phone to Security patch level: July 1, 2019 I've been having issues with bluetooth through my car. I connect through bluetooth to play music and after the update I have been experiencing songs just stop half way through and get stuck. The song will stop until I move onto the next song and display something like "not provided".

Extra info in case the questions come up:

-Other phones seem to work fine through my car

-I'm not on the phone while this happens and not getting any messages to trigger it either

-I haven't tested it on other device since I don't have other bluetooth devices

- Have you tried to remove your car from your phone's bluetooth menu?  Then delete your phone from your car.  Also don't forget to delete other devices from your car that you no longer use

- Try this as well:

Wipe cache partition

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key, Home button, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.