Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jamiemarie1127
Astronaut

Galaxy J7 WiFi Connection Issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought my Galaxy J7 back in late November 2015. Starting last week, it wasn't connecting to my home WiFi. It said it was connected, but the internet wouldn't work. The past couple days I noticed that it's having trouble connecting to other WiFi signals as well, such as my school and work. I've tried restarting the phone, restarting the home WiFi router, turning off WiFi saving, and I have even done a factory reset on my phone. Still, the WiFi won't work. Any suggestions?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Hole

Re: Galaxy J7 WiFi Connection Issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey everyone, we ask that you take a few steps to attempt to isolate or determine what may be leading to this:

- Check your WiFi settings: Under the advanced tab, you will locate Keep WiFi on during sleep. Please check that this is set to "Always"  

- Change your clock to the Wrong Time:

1. Go to your Date and Time Settings and disable automatic time
  2. Set your device to the wrong time
  3. You will then go to the home screen and use the recent applications button located to the left of your home button and close all apps
  4. Go back to the Date and Time Settings and set your device to the correct time
  • This will help reset the internal clock of your device to your network

​​​​​​​- Wipe the Cache Partition of your device: How to wipe the Cache Partition on your phone or tablet

- Check that all applications are up to date and power down phone, then power device back on

If you are still experiencing problems, please let the community know what steps you have taken and any changes you may have noticed.

If a series of steps or a single step was able to help you. We ask that you post this and accept it as a solution and let the user that helped you know the steps they provided were helpful by giving them a Star with the "This Helped Me" option.

This will help the Community to find the help the are looking for quicker if they may be having the same experience as you.  

104 REPLIES 104
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello and welcome to the Samsung Community. Please provide us more information about this concern.

Can we get the exact model number and Baseband (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier? This will better allow us and the community to assist you both now and in the future!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

bilal2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought my Galaxy J7 back in late August 2016. Starting last week, it wasn't connecting to my WiFi. It was continously connecting then connected then disappear then again connecting connected and disappear or showing internet not available. I've tried restarting the phone, restarting the home WiFi router and I have even done a factory reset on my phone. Still, the WiFi won't work. Any suggestions?

My Phone Model is SM-J710F

Android version 6.0.1

Baseband version J710FXXU1APH4

Kernel version 3.18. 14-8985170

dpi@SWDD5606 #1

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey everyone, we ask that you take a few steps to attempt to isolate or determine what may be leading to this:

- Check your WiFi settings: Under the advanced tab, you will locate Keep WiFi on during sleep. Please check that this is set to "Always"  

3. You will then go to the home screen and use the recent applications button located to the left of your home button and close all apps
  4. Go back to the Date and Time Settings and set your device to the correct time

​​​​​​​- Wipe the Cache Partition of your device: How to wipe the Cache Partition on your phone or tablet

- Check that all applications are up to date and power down phone, then power device back on

If you are still experiencing problems, please let the community know what steps you have taken and any changes you may have noticed.

If a series of steps or a single step was able to help you. We ask that you post this and accept it as a solution and let the user that helped you know the steps they provided were helpful by giving them a Star with the "This Helped Me" option.

This will help the Community to find the help the are looking for quicker if they may be having the same experience as you.  

useruOcVnd87pf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have also experienced this wifi issue even after tried all steps described above including factory reset.

Android 6.0.1

J710FXXU2APK3

3.18.14-9386352

dpi@SWHD4421

MMB29K.J710FXXU2APLB

The issue started before new year eve after security update. When the issue occurred, wifi state changed from connected to disconnected and repeat several times before stopping at disconnected. In wifi setting screen, the wifi connection was "internet not available". To connect wifi again, I had to disable wifi and enable it again. However, the issue occurs again in 10 seconds later.

userxJFG9XQqHB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issues with my J7 (2016) and have not been able get this fixed along with a Chinese region lock that is on the phone even though i was told i was purchasing an "unlocked" phone.  A lot of the apps are stuck half in Chinese and the only search engine available on the phone is Baidu? i cannot change to google or any other search engine in "internet for Samsung" app.  I live in Canada but purchased the phone while on holidays in Orlando, FL in September of 2016.  It turns out that the company I purchased this phone from (Wireless Center) sold me a Chinese model. I have been trying to get help from Samsung Canada, Samsung USA and Samsung China and none of them seem to be willing to help me. Originally Samsung told me I have to deal with the company I purchased the phone from. The company that I purchased the phone from stopped replying to my emails and phone calls when I sent them the information of the phone. Samsung Canada tell me that since the phone is USA model (which it is not) that I must deal with Samsung USA. Samsung USA keep telling me that they cannot help me unless I have a friend or relative in USA that I can send the phone to so they can deal with Samsung USA or i must deal with Samsung China as this is a Chinese model phone.  Samsung China tell me that I must deal with Samsung USA as i purchased this phone in the USA? This sounds like Samsung in general does not want to help me with my phone?

Model SM-J7108

J7108ZMU1APC3

Android 5.1.1

3.10.61-7533207

dpi@SWDD5707 #1

LMY47X.J7108FNYUNPC3

ANDROID SECURITY PATCH LEVEL - MARCH 1, 2016

useriUGPeQyKDp
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello dear 

in my analysis and with my expierience of rectification of this issue when ever wifi turn on bit late and dont detect any network is majority the issue of ic which deals with wifi or module.

some the issue can solved by just updating with the latest file but its possible when wifi is simply not turning on.

the issue of not detecting wifi is simply hardware issue so contact nearest samsung  service centre or claim centre if your set is in warranty.

thanks

userwFcLojpUZU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

wii you please send me the stock rom for this device.SM-J730GM the one easier to download not the same in sam mobile which is difficult to download thank you hope you consider this request 

userHNVBZw8Fkr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sir none of it solutions are helping me plz.z. try to fix the issue it's just ruining my day n wasting lots of time plz.z.z try to help me.I am a big fan of samsung but now I have become so upset that these issues happen also in samsung.Plz.z.z solve it.Love samsung

Waiting for ur reply.....

userumKvmsXXMb
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was having a connectivity issue as well. No chrome pages would load when connected to wifi only when using data. I followed the steps previously mentioned and they did not work. I have stumbled upon a fix by just trying a few things. 

1. Follow fix previously mentioned

@Juanisimo wrote:

2. Turn on airplane mode

3. Shutdown phone remove battery and any additional storage for about 20-30 seconds. 

4. After putting everything back together turn phone back on, switchoff airplane mode.

This seems to have fixed it for me.