cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy J7 WiFi Connection Issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If your phone is not connecting to the network there are a few things to try out: (Retest the connection after each step)

• First, test rebooting the phone, this is just turning it off for a few minutes then turning it back on.
  • Next, make sure the date and time settings are correct as these can cause other issues to occur
  • Next is test a battery pull, for those that can't you can simulate a battery pull by leaving the phone turn on and pressing and holding Power + Volume Down until the phone reboots
  • Next, load the phone into safe mode to make sure no apps are preventing the connection, while in safe mode attempt to connect to the network
  • Next, test rebooting the router/modem and retesting the connection
  • If all else fails, back-up all important information and complete a reset through the settings.

If nothing else works, we can look into shipping the phone to a service center to be evaluated or you can check for local walk-in locations to get the evaluation. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userRkyYoxEAbR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im having the same issue but mine will connect to wifi and ill play 2 or 3 min on my game andnin the middle of playing im cut off with my phone saying i need wifi for my game trying to reconnect.  And its doing that usually 5 to 20 min in between that and when it will come back again .  Ive tried everything i can find directions to try.  I havent had it a year and got pit brand new 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are your time and date as well as the zone set to auto? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, Just following up to see if any assistance is needed? 

Bratlema
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would like to know how to go into safety mode? And my issue isn't a WiFi issue but smart view. I used my phone data and smart view app in settings to stream movies to my TCL roku tv as I do not have internet, for entire 8 months. Then in late June my tv and phone could no longer connect thru smart view app and it's costing me too much to keep using my phone hot spot. 

This problem is existing on all 3 of my family j7 prime phones.

Why?

usersfIIif79sg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why do I keep seeing instructions regarding Samsung Galaxy J7 that are not on my phone! I want to keep my internet connected and the steps in the instructions are not on my phone! This is happening every time I look up anything to clarify problems. 

usersfIIif79sg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Answer to why wifi is off on Samsung J7 is the mobile date button was off. Not sure how that happened. No one suggested to look this up in settings. I found it under Settings-connections-data usage. I have not changed anything that would affect this but it was off. After turning this on, my wifi works on my phone. YAY!

userGpwv203EfU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi

I keep getting the Wi-Fi exclamation mark and being no Wi-Fi is available even though I am in front of the wifi modem and the phone days the signal is very strong. This is happening since the last update. What?!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is it able to pick up other Wi-Fi networks?

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just checking to see if any more assistance is needed.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.