JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy J7 WiFi Connection Issues

(Topic created: 08-24-2018 11:35 AM)
jamiemarie1127
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I bought my Galaxy J7 back in late November 2015. Starting last week, it wasn't connecting to my home WiFi. It said it was connected, but the internet wouldn't work. The past couple days I noticed that it's having trouble connecting to other WiFi signals as well, such as my school and work. I've tried restarting the phone, restarting the home WiFi router, turning off WiFi saving, and I have even done a factory reset on my phone. Still, the WiFi won't work. Any suggestions?

104 Replies
Lisa64
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Sorry, I'm not sure what to do if it's grayed out. I would think if it's grayed out either it's not on or your provider doesn't allow to turn it off. Mine just had an on/off button.

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you for the suggestion @Lisa64. @user0O1adutdW2 the best option would be to contact your carrier to see if they have any options available for that feature to be enabled.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userAQsaRy0r1P
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I use a Samsung galaxy j7 duos (2016) and network suddenly goes off on the phone and comes back again. This happens often. What can I do about it please
0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@userAQsaRy0r1P

Can I get your full model code, baseband version, and carrier information?

0 Likes
userAQsaRy0r1P
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Where do i get that on phone

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Go to Settings>About Device

0 Likes
userAQsaRy0r1P
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Model number: SM-J710FN Baseband version: J710FXXU5BRE3 I went through about device on the phone couldn't get carrier information. Is there any other name it could go by
0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Who is your mobile service provider?

0 Likes
userAQsaRy0r1P
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Globacom Nigeria Mtn Nigeria
0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!

0 Likes