JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy J7 no sound notifications when I get a text

(Topic created: 10-24-2017 11:29 PM)
userzOVrWGsOpY
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
when I get a text there's no sound, I've checked to make sure everything is turned up and notifications are on but I'm not getting a sound when I get a text

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userigaPQzzSFQ
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

what fixed it for me was, i went to settings --> sounds and vibration --> volume.  my notification sound was on lowest for some reason but after sliding that on full it was pretty loud 🙂 

View solution in context

42 Replies
user1qhzb4cnlV
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Same here! So frustrating!  No alert on the lock screen either, although the texts are there if I turn on my phone and go to messages. I am missing a lot of important texts and it is so frustrating!

0 Likes
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey folks!

Just checking but are you using the stock Message app or a different texting app?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
usergws0ZCGKs5
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I am not getting any sound from my text messages either on my J7. I am using the text app that came with the phone. this has been going on now for a while.
userkNjn7icSSl
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
remove all virus and security software this should solve the problem.
LauraC
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you for this...you solved my problem.  I installed a security app and it muted all my notifications as a default.  Thanks again!😊

0 Likes
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Alright, let's try going to Settings>Notifications. Scroll down to the right app and make sure notifications are toggled On. Then click on the app from that screen and make sure that All Notifications and Set as Priority as turned On also.  🙂

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usergws0ZCGKs5
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have already checked the notifications as you describe several times I still do not get a sound.
0 Likes
userL9e42meqBw
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I was having the same problem and just stumbled on the fix.  I had everything on, volume up, etc but never got any "ding" when I received new texts. Here is what I found. On the J7 go to settings>notifications>advanced. Look under the app for Messages. Does it say "muted"? That's what it said on mine. Now touch messages and you should see 3 toggles. One for allow, one for show silently, one for set as priority.  Make sure the show silently toggle is turned OFF.  Exit out of settings and your text messages should now be audible.

userCh00hk1qvD
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yup! Settings, Notifications, then I clicked on the Messages app. There was on option to 'Show Silently' and it had somehow been turned on. This fixed my issue, thank you!