JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy J7 no sound notifications when I get a text

(Topic created: 06-22-2018 02:10 AM)
userzOVrWGsOpY
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
when I get a text there's no sound, I've checked to make sure everything is turned up and notifications are on but I'm not getting a sound when I get a text
userj2YTJgGnMM
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi, i find you tip very helpful. I just need to tick the set as priority and when i recieved a message it made sound. I am so thankful i found your answer Smiley Happy

0 Likes
userb8Bnn07i5Y
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Worked for me, checked in Notifications, the toggle for messages was off. Thanks

@SamsungViv wrote:

Alright, let's try going to Settings>Notifications. Scroll down to the right app and make sure notifications are toggled On. Then click on the app from that screen and make sure that All Notifications and Set as Priority as turned On also.  🙂

SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Sorry to hear about that. Does anyone else in the Community have this problem? Maybe someone else has found a way around it?  🙂

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Options
Other Mobile Devices
yes, i also do not get notifications when i get text messages, this started a few months ago,
0 Likes
userNndmrA8Lee
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Me too have got the same problem!😯😟

0 Likes
userkNjn7icSSl
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yes...... it is very frustrating it only works temporarily if you reset your phone it's ridiculous I do everything right and still get no text messaging alerts I'm missing very important alerts I wish someone would find on a solution
0 Likes
useracangkpREk
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Yes since the update. Not only that I had different sounds for friends. That option is not available now. 

0 Likes
userJOnHQF1s9a
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Same issues with samsung j6... so frustating so annoying!!!! Not only for messages also in whatsapp no sound no vib when i recieved msg from whatsapp or simple message....

0 Likes
userkNjn7icSSl
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Uninstall all virus or security software.... I tried everything else but this worked.  Then install a different virus software and check to see if it still works. The virus app shuts off text notification solution.

0 Likes
userEtV30BNiWd
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I kno im probably hella late but i found it. Go to you regular settings for notification apps. Itll list all your apps n make sure its on. Hope this help!