JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy J7 no sound notifications when I get a text

(Topic created: 10-24-2017 11:29 PM)
userzOVrWGsOpY
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
when I get a text there's no sound, I've checked to make sure everything is turned up and notifications are on but I'm not getting a sound when I get a text
JUMP TO SOLUTION
user0pOpNkNtTD
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

worked thank you

0 Likes
userkNjn7icSSl
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Look dude you are not listening everything that is supposed to be checked is checked and double-checked and triple checked and checked the 4th time it will not alert you when you get a message if it was that easy we wouldn't have this problem sir!
0 Likes
userix3u6eEvL1
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Goto Settings>Notification>Press key for all Apps Notification.

0 Likes
t_thalheim
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey there,

i have a j7 too and my notifications work great. But before this phone i had the same issue on a Motorola G3. After a few months i foumd out this was caused bc i changed the standard notificafion sound. When i switched back to the default one everything worked great again. Maybe this helps you too in case you have another standard notification sound then the default one selected.

0 Likes
usercO2FWuJViO
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

This is it. J7 Pro is a disaster. Total waste of money. I bought mine last December 20, 2017, exactly on 7th day the screen broke. Gettin darker and darker til it was completely black. Spent $120  for the fix. Now, I couldn't hear a ringtone everytime I'm gettin texts. What's worst? My screen broke once again! This smart phone is sick!

0 Likes
userNWwQoUCEns
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@t_thalheim wrote:

Hey there,

i have a j7 too and my notifications work great. But before this phone i had the same issue on a Motorola G3. After a few months i foumd out this was caused bc i changed the standard notificafion sound. When i switched back to the default one everything worked great again. Maybe this helps you too in case you have another standard notification sound then the default one selected.

Thank you for reminding me, glad I'm not the only one. Yes, this seems to be a problem for the last few years,  very frustrating because I'm so used to my custom notifications. Guess I'll just have to change them, hope it works then.

0 Likes
userGPEupcX2Ox
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Downloading security apps causes this. That's what happened to me. 

0 Likes
userlb7Rw4DqnR
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I started having this issue with my J7 recently. I checked all of my notification settings and everything was as it should be. I had recently installed the Security Master App, which was rather annoying. So , just on a lark, I uninstalled Security Master and now my text message notification is working just fine again.

userz29JZ1PbEs
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

U probably fixed it already.. but just in case.. this same thing was happening on my girlfriend's phone j7.. 

The fix is simple:

Go into messages and if there is a little bell with a slash through it on any of your messages.. you must open that text thread and click on the three horizontal lines on top right corner.. then click on the notification symbol (bell with a slash through it) at bottom left corner.. And Voila.. problem solved..

0 Likes
userg7fqUrP7nA
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey IT WORKED,,, THANK YOU

0 Likes