JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Store slow download

(Topic created: 09-25-2020 10:34 PM)
userMA5i3r8mVI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Okay, new phone, Galaxy A71 running Android 10.

Straight out of the box last week, the phone has been trying to update all Samsung apps (gallery, Samsung pay, etc) through Galaxy Store.

The problem is Galaxy Store's download speed is super slow, even when I'm connected to my 20Mbps internet.

Screenshot_20200926-123019_Galaxy Store.jpg

It takes 4 hours to download 13MB (of 17MB):Screenshot_20200926-122752_Samsung Internet.jpg

And everytime I try to open Galaxy Store to see if there's an option to change download speed, I'm asked to update Galaxy Store itself. And again, it's downloading so slow, I never finished downloading it's own update:

Am I missing something here? Is there anything I can do to fix this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Other Mobile Devices

well i have the exact same problem, i also found the same problem on galaxy theme. the UI is so slow, even the picture of apps in the store isn't loaded quickly. i think the download speed in samsung store is getting slowed down on purpose by samsung themself if you are using wifi (that includes the download speed), i don't know why tho but i think it's because of safety reason.

anyway i just found the solution, you can just turn on vpn service on samsung max( i've tried other services, but didn't works.) you can activate the privacy connection option and then the speed gets back to normal, at least in my case.

Screenshot_20200929-002013_Samsung Max.jpg

iya sama saya juga download galeri samsung, tapi lama banget 😞

jangan lupa pakai masker & jaga jarak yaa...... 🙂

View solution in context

12 Replies
userUevl8JSaYv
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Yeahh my Galaxy Note 20 ultra also have this same problem

My device want to update my AR Zone but it too slow  

0 Likes
userMA5i3r8mVI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

So, no solution then? I can finally open Galaxy Store after a very long download, no option to set download speed.

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone?

HardReset.info:

• Firstly, hold down the Power key for a short while and from the menu tap restart twice.Master Reset SAMSUNG Galaxy A71

• When the screen goes dark push Volume Up + Power button until the SAMSUNG Galaxy logo shows up.Wipe data on SAMSUNG Galaxy A71
  • Now let go of all buttons and from the following menu select wipe cache partition. Use Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to confirm that.Recovery Mode SAMSUNG Galaxy A71

• When the process is done choose reboot system now by using the Power key.

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Other Mobile Devices

well i have the exact same problem, i also found the same problem on galaxy theme. the UI is so slow, even the picture of apps in the store isn't loaded quickly. i think the download speed in samsung store is getting slowed down on purpose by samsung themself if you are using wifi (that includes the download speed), i don't know why tho but i think it's because of safety reason.

anyway i just found the solution, you can just turn on vpn service on samsung max( i've tried other services, but didn't works.) you can activate the privacy connection option and then the speed gets back to normal, at least in my case.

Screenshot_20200929-002013_Samsung Max.jpg

iya sama saya juga download galeri samsung, tapi lama banget 😞

jangan lupa pakai masker & jaga jarak yaa...... 🙂

usernKUxt1XftR
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks for the advice. 100% works.

userhVlW7CfHVe
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you, it works!

userMA5i3r8mVI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

What a weird solution, so we don't why it's slow and we also.dont know why using Samsung's own VPN somehow speeds up your download speed? We just know it works, how did you find out about this Samsung Max fix?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Other Mobile Devices

well..... samsung seems didn't to trust wifi connection and kinda purposely slowed down their internet speed of their app store if you are using wifi (btw wifi connection is kinda unsafe and their app store is kinda buggy so that it'll be an easy hacking target).

so at the time i was like thinking what kind of security settings that samsung themself trust (also i kinda remembers when every time you are connecting to wifi there's this app called "samsung max"(bloatware btw) giving notification of the safetyness of the wifi you are using) and of course! ... it's samsung's own vpn services, samsung max! lol :v ...... and it seems to works lol

ohthethings
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Wow this is so bizzare, but it works. I'm on T-Mobile FYI. Thanks for the solution
0 Likes