cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Galaxy Watch 3

When working out I would like to watch to stay on the heart rate screen. If I set the watch to always on, the screen stays on but after 10 seconds or so it changes to the watch so I can't just look at the watch and see my heart rate.

What do I have to adjust to get the screen I want to always be on?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Galaxy Watch 3

@DopestDad I believe the Watch Always On is just like an Always On Display feature just like on the phones. It doesn't keep your screen on the whole time. What I would suggest is going into your settings and then to display and increasing your screen timeout time to its max if you wanna keep the watch completely on during a workout. Keep in mind the increase in battery usage. 

Highlighted
Constellation

The problem is not the screen turning off. The problem is what the screen displays. I want the screen to stay on and show the 'heart rate in the zone' screen from the workout app for the entire workout and not revert to my watch screen which then requires touching the watch to change the screen back.

I just got the upgrade and while they may have been there before, I found settings for "Screen always on" when configuring each exercise in the Exercise app/widget. Haven't had a chance to check it out on the road yet.

Highlighted
Supernova

@DopestDad Is there perhaps a different watch face that always shows the heart rate for you?

You might install that!

--

Please click " ✓ Accept as Solution" if this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. Click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 

Notification emails do not accept replies. Login to the community to respond to this thread.