cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy Watch Active 2 WhatsApp call (after Tizen 5 update)

Hi,

So my watch (SM-R820) recieved WhatsApp calls before the Tizen5 update and I could answere from the watch. Now I don't get calls anymore and only get missed calls afterwards. But I realized if the call is from somone not in my contacts who also does not have a profile image in WhatsApp , (I know abit crazy!), then I get the call on my watch but now only can reject or answere on the phone. Please somone fixes this!

-------------------------------------------------
Ali Samini, PhD
Research Engineer
Dept. of Science and Technology
Linköping University
SE-601 74 Norrköping, Sweden
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Watch Active 2 WhatsApp call (after Tizen 5 update)

Hello, did you find a solution? I have exactly the same problem. Whatsapp calls worked before update. Now it doesn't work anymore. I look forward to your answer.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi, no unfortunately I don't have a solution. I just realized that WhatsApp is also dropped from the Tizen app store recently. Bad blood between Samsung and WhatsApp maybe? I just believe Samsung will lose many watch customers not fully supporting apps like WhatsApp. I will also jump the ship after three gens of galaxy watches. This is messed up; Blood Pressure and ECG work in a few regions, apps like WhatsApp does not work, can not even send a voice message on any of  these apps. If I wanted a step counter and HR monitor I could do it with a 50 bucks smart band and charge it's battery once in two weeks. 

-------------------------------------------------
Ali Samini, PhD
Research Engineer
Dept. of Science and Technology
Linköping University
SE-601 74 Norrköping, Sweden
Highlighted
Constellation

Thanks for your answer. That's exactly how I think too. Meanwhile, I think a 30 Euro smartband is just as good as the Galaxy Watch.