cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy XCover Pro connection issue

Last week I got a new Galaxy XCover Pro. Yesterday I tried to get my service switched over to the new phone and it won't connect. I am, or was using Straight Talk and I called them to see if they could figure out the problem but they say it's good on their end. I haven't been able to activate it yet. I have a Verizon sim card so they told me to contact someone from Verizon because they think it's not unlocked. I don't know how that would be possible since I bought it from Samsung. Anyone have any ideas? I tried to get this figured out yesterday for about 12 hours. It wouldn't matter as much but I can't reconnect my old phone through Straight Talk because it's pretty old. A Galaxy S5. I can't use my new phone or my old one at this point. Any help would be awesome

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy XCover Pro connection issue

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message to check if the device is unlocked or carrier locked: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

will do

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hello, I am having the exact same issues. I just purchased this phone brand new and I cannot connect to Verizon  straight talk. Did Samsung resolve your issue, and how?  

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hey man did you ever get this issue fixed??  

Highlighted
Constellation

I finally did, yes. the problem was porting my number. I had to switch to Verizon because I couldn't go through Straight Talk. For some reason this phone isn't able to be connected or at least for me it wasn't. Maybe after it's been around for a couple years. Anyway, ended up going to a Verizon store and they told me I had to port my number to Verizon in order to switch it over. That was all I got out of the first Verizon store. They didn't really want to touch it because of Covid, so not much help there. I went home and tried getting it ported through the website. Didn't seem to work, but i didn't know how long it would take. The next day, still nothing so i went to a different Verizon store and they got it figured out. The problem was my number hadn't been ported to Verizon yet. It was a week-long headache for sure. I had to go to the Verizon to get it straightened out. I'm in Wisconsin but the guy I talked to was awesome. if you need his number let me know on here. If you can call him, that is. I was without a phone so I couldn't call unless I borrowed a phone.