cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Galaxy a50 notification sounds

On my galaxy a50 when connected to bluetooth headphones the text notification sounds only play through earbud. I miss texts all the time because who wants to walk around with earbuds in while not on a call? Every other phone I've ever had including my s5 will play notifications through the phone. I hate it, the whole purpose of a phone is to ring or notify when a call or message comes through. Is this the new normal for Samsung phones or is it just this one?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Galaxy a50 notification sounds

Hi @Samsung_JIPJrFK, I hope you're doing well.

One solution that I have seen work for other people is to download a Samsung app from the Galaxy Store called "Sound Assistant". In that app under Advanced settings there is an option to have notification sounds go to Bluetooth headset, you can toggle that off it should fix the issue you're having. Below is the step by step for this process, I hope this helps!

Galaxy Store > Search Sound Assistant > Install > Open > Scroll down to the bottom > Select "Advanced settings" > Select "Alerts through headphones"

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Screenshot_20200325-185903_Sound Assistant.jpg

I have downloaded this app, it is toggled off and does not fix the problem..

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hi @Samsung_JIPJrFK,

I'm sorry to hear that didn't fix the issue, at this time I would recommend visiting one of our authorized Samsung repair locations so that they can perform a full diagnostic of the device. I have provided the link to help you find the closest location to you.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Sorry for this inconvience, I think the issue is that the phone is routing all sounds through the bluetooth which is connected at that time. Try also setiting up notification reminders. If you would like you may to use the samsung members app for more on this.