Original topic:

Galaxy a51 main camera light/dark bands in pro mode

(Topic created on: 11/7/20 7:38 PM)
usere1eqvpFO0e
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

In my new Galaxy a51 in Pro mode, in low light conditions there is obvious light/dark banding along the long dimension. At longer exposure (brighter) it's not visible, but I'm trying to take low light shots. It seems like a software bug or problem. See photos with banding, and with longer exposure (brighter) and no obvious banding.With horizontal bandingWith horizontal banding

Same subject, longer exposure, no bandingSame subject, longer exposure, no banding

0 Likes
4 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Do you experience these symptoms in any other camera mode?

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode? If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usere1eqvpFO0e
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I need to correct my post a bit. The banding occurs repeatability when I use a fast enough shutter speed (the setting in pro mode) that the image is dark. I can't make any other mode use a faster "shutter speed. I have a series of pics where I increase the shutter speed and the banding becomes obvious. Not sure how to post new pics.
0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

To post additional pictures, you would need to access the post from a web browser. Were you able to test the camera in Safe Mode? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usere1eqvpFO0e
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I tried it in Safe Mode and got the same result. I was better able to isolate the effect. In Pro Mode, as I increase the shutter speed (ie shorter "exposure") the banding becomes severe. See screenshots I've attached. As think about this more, perhaps it's due to a strobing effect with led ceiling light? ( which visibly strobes, at 60Hz i assume). Still seems like a problem with the camera software.Screenshot_20201109-074755_Camera.jpg

Screenshot_20201109-074824_Camera.jpg

Screenshot_20201109-074838_Camera.jpg

0 Likes