Original topic:

Galaxy a71 Sudden Rapid Battery Drainage

(Topic created on: 5/14/21 6:24 PM)
userXtnqGm544u
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello everyone,

I've had my Galaxy A71 since July 2020 and hadn't had any issue with it until this winter, when I started experiencing sudden battery drainage for no apparent reason. For example, I would be using my phone as usual and the battery life would slowly go down until all of a sudden it would drop in a matter of minutes to 0% and shut down.

At first I thought it was a temperature thing since it would often happen when I would go on walks in the winter, but even now with warmer temperatures it can happen. I noticed it's especially when I'm walking and listening to stuff on Spotify, so maybe it is related ?

If anyone has experienced that with this device or another one, what did you do to solve it? It doesn't happen often enough to be a real hindrance but if it's a bigger problem I'd like to get it solved before my guarantee expires!

Thanks!

0 Likes
2 Replies
userrYaVJ6M8jp
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
My S7 edge is doing the same thing except it doesnt drop to zero. But I can be reading articles and it will drop about 30% on an hour. Plus it's been over heating and shut down.
0 Likes
BigBill650
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Isn't that about the time they started pushing the 5G version? I'm just saying.....
0 Likes