JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy j7 Android apps are accessing web

(Topic created: 01-30-2021 10:07 AM)
user0f2wUmcPfC
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

We have Galaxy J7 SM j737U phones and Consumer Cellular. We discovered our data usage is over the top, and we don't use the phones for more than text and talk. CC told us something on the phone is accessing the web at least twice a day at exactly the same times. How do we find out what app or whatever is doing that? Thank you!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@user0f2wUmcPfC Have you checked Settings -> Connections -> "Data usage" -> "Mobile data usage"? It shows data usage by apps. 

You might also could use an app like GlassWire to see what is using the network.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@user0f2wUmcPfC Have you checked Settings -> Connections -> "Data usage" -> "Mobile data usage"? It shows data usage by apps. 

You might also could use an app like GlassWire to see what is using the network.

user0f2wUmcPfC
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you! I was unaware of that menu item. I disallowed backend data usage on all the items. Now I can check my Consumer Cellular report and see if that worked.

0 Likes
Professor59
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have data turned off on my phone, but Consumer Cellular pings it anyway. When I look at the usage list, it's always at 6am or 6pm or noon or midnight. They deny everything. Same for my last few phones with Consumer Cellular.

Not gonna bother fighting them unless it gets to a point where they charge me for it!

0 Likes